PDA

View Full Version : High Pitched Noise?!

steve520
10-11-2015, 09:11 AM
Hi guys me again. I just cleaned out my throttle body and my idle air control valve on my car. Went to go start it up and literally got a super high pitched sound on startup and I shut it off. No I don't think it is the belts because it didn't do that before. Possibly a vacuum leak? But I really don't know if a vacuum leak can make that high of a sound. The hose that I know needs replaced is the one going from the throttle body to the Evap canister because while i was removing it broke due to oldness. Any ideas on what it could be?

Edit: Think I found a source seems like theres a coolant line leak don't know if its causing it or not. Nope wasn't the cooling line. Still same noise.

Oldblueaccord
10-14-2015, 10:25 PM
Hi guys me again. I just cleaned out my throttle body and my idle air control valve on my car. Went to go start it up and literally got a super high pitched sound on startup and I shut it off. No I don't think it is the belts because it didn't do that before. Possibly a vacuum leak? But I really don't know if a vacuum leak can make that high of a sound. The hose that I know needs replaced is the one going from the throttle body to the Evap canister because while i was removing it broke due to oldness. Any ideas on what it could be?

Edit: Think I found a source seems like theres a coolant line leak don't know if its causing it or not. Nope wasn't the cooling line. Still same noise.

Use(spray) a little carb cleaner while its running I think you will find the vacuum leak that way.