PDA

View Full Version : Tuning With A G-Tech

Site
01-13-2003, 01:40 PM
Has anyone had good success with using a G-Tech meter to tune his/her car? If it works the way it's advertised, it seems like it could be useful for finding out "what works" without scheduling several hours at a dyno.

I found this page on which a guy has gathered several opinions on the G-Tech Pro and even some tips on using it.
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Miscellaneous/GTechPro.htm

Just wondering if anyone here has an opinion on the unit.

Sean
01-13-2003, 01:54 PM
its not dead nuts accurate in term of 1/4 time etc but it is consitent and smooth roads help the accuracy its bascially a accelerometer. the new g-tech is suspoed to be super accurate. but check out PC dyno uses wheel and very accurate. so are some of the software programs for GM ecms they can predict it based on changes in Vehicle speed very accrurate. am i hinting at somethign maybe i am

87accord
01-13-2003, 09:21 PM
My friend had it and we tested my 87 carb auto THe 4th of a mile time was 19.2 and hp was at 84hp.
But my friend had a nice prelude and it said he would run high 13's and he took it to hte track and ran a high 15??
So i am not sure if he had the right setting on his car but mine seemd right?
I think the only thing it asks for is the weight of the car and i did mine with 2600 Me and him and no stereo box?
Not to bad i guess!:werd: