PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent cruise control prob??

offthahook
01-13-2003, 04:47 PM
Man, this pisses me off. All the time, the CC will light up on the dash cluster when I "set" it and forget it. But, it won't SET or ACCEL. Just like I never set it or anything, but it lights up on the cluster. Then, when it works sometimes, it slows down about 5 MPH before it actually "kicks" in. I'm going to Honda Thurs, so if this is a known prob or you can tell me what might be wrong, then I can tell them to check it out (and not take forever!!) I kinda hope it is a common prob. and someone can help a brotha out in heRRe...

AccordEpicenter
01-13-2003, 09:12 PM
my cruise wont work when cold at all. If you want it to engage on the spot, just set it and then just press accel until the car stops slowing down (should take 1-2 sec).

cruznz
01-14-2003, 02:08 AM
are your tach and horns working ok?

offthahook
01-14-2003, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by cruznz
are your tach and horns working ok?

Yup.

cruznz
01-14-2003, 02:37 AM
vacuum lines ok?....actuator cable adjustment ok?.....electrical connections ok?.....do you have access to tools for actuator test?...(vacuum pump.....multi-meter)....my CC is slow to respond as well and i'll be checking it out soon

maka_RTH
01-14-2003, 02:45 AM
mine slows down about 5 mph before it kicks in, and then speeds up a couple mph, so i set it a couple over what i want to go so it goes what i want it to go(if that makes sense...) mine has always worked for me though.

SiR
01-14-2003, 07:38 AM
Same as mine, it slows down a little then goes back up.

Mike's89AccordLX
01-14-2003, 08:04 AM
Mine does the same damn thing and sometimes it disengages itself.

cruznz
01-15-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX

maybe check your brake 'n clutch pedal height...(assuming u have manual)....any speedo probs?...also,try adjusting actuator cable for under/overshooting probs

Pete....:smokin:

AZmike
01-15-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX

I had the same problem. Whenever I hit a bump it would switch off. I turned the brake switch 2 turns so the brake pedal had to be moved farther down to disengage the switch. I haven't had a problem since.