PDA

View Full Version : CD Player Headache?!?!

88WhiteLX-i
05-22-2002, 10:33 AM
Alright guys I am not sure what the heck to do. I know that I want a CD player for my car Iam not sure which one to buy. I mean I could buy a cheap one this week like 100 bucks or less or I could wait and get one that is a little more expensive. Also I am not sure which kinds are better. :confused: Do you think I should just buy one now like a kenwood for $125 bucks, or wait??? MY car does need a few mechanical things but those are already being taken care of when I get paid. Do you guys have any suggestions as to a good head unit that is fair price and has high quality??? I really appreciate any and all suggestions..:stick: :smokin:

TeKKnoTeKK
05-22-2002, 11:09 AM
Well from what I have seen and experienced JVC and kenwood usually sale quality H/U's for good prices. As far as an exact model I couldn't tell ya, but if you find one of these brands and the price is right I say go with it.

Vanilla Sky
05-22-2002, 11:22 AM
i wou ld wait and get one that has more features...

blaupunkts are good, too, and they offer a good bang for thier buck, just like the jvc and kenwood models

Derick

damackz
05-22-2002, 06:33 PM
yeah most head units are good but i love Pioneer!!! gives u tons of tuning options to get the sound u want ! :pimp:

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
05-22-2002, 07:16 PM
Well I have a Sony Cdx-mp70 & I love it..lots of kewl features, nice colors... I suggest that you get one that you like...What one person likes another might not.. Are u also planning to upgrade your speakers ( add a sub or two ? )

AccordChemist
05-22-2002, 07:26 PM
i would suggest jvc. ive owned two jvc headunits (the first was stolen) i just bought the new jvc hu a couple weeks ago and it is tight as hell, it cost me $300 at sears, if your lookin for a little nicer hu then i would get this one. Tagacircleanarchy (??) has this one also and loves it....look on jvc's homepage, i think the model # is LH-1000 or summtin...it has a bunch of colors and really nice graphics.

oh yeah, i would stay away from any sony head unit...

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
05-22-2002, 07:39 PM
Why stay away from sony head unit?
I have never had a problem with skipping..
explain!!

88WhiteLX-i
05-22-2002, 09:23 PM
I was thinking pf getting this kenwood that is $125, it's nice but Iam sure I can find better. they also had an AIWA hu there, anyone tried one of those?? It looked nice changed colors and shit. I have actually already upgraded my fronts to pyrmids, they are rated at 180 watts, they are nice. I just need to get some rears now. It should be nice, Iam not to worried about subs and shit right now, as I would rather buy tint and an alarm first. i think Iam leaning torwards kenwood, they have a pretty decent price and Iam hearing that they are good quality. Well let me know about the AIWA hu, that shit is on sale right now.... :p

88Ex-i
05-22-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by damackz
yeah most head units are good but i love Pioneer!!! gives u tons of tuning options to get the sound u want ! :pimp:

:werd: couldn't agree more.............

HostileJava
05-23-2002, 01:32 PM
Here's another vote for pioneer.

zinj
05-23-2002, 06:24 PM
<--- Jumping on the Pioneer bandwagon. You get a good bang for your buck, too.

Vanilla Sky
05-23-2002, 07:45 PM
aiwa is made by sony, and is NOT built like the sony x-plod units...

the ONLY thing the lack on is the fact that they aren't horribly good at picking up weak radio signals(although it seemed to pick up the best out of all of them at the 3 stores i've tried them at{comparing to kenwood, pioneer, jvc, sony, and jensen])

if you need a lot of features for the bennies, go for aiwa

Derick

TAGaCIRCLEa4anarky
05-23-2002, 07:51 PM
GO JVC, i used to think they were shit for quality but this new h/u kicks major ass, it adds sooooo much clarity, it comes w/ remote, carrying case, detachable face, TONS of options including sub level controls, and MANY MANY other great options, if i ever even do change h/u ill stick w/ jvc, for 30 bux its a steal

88WhiteLX-i
05-23-2002, 08:26 PM
Alright now Iam leaning towards Pioneer and kenwood. What models of Pioneer do you guys think?? how much does the proce range from?? ALright lemme now how much you guys' cost...Thanxx

87AccordsterLx
05-23-2002, 09:13 PM
don't forget about the new alpines... they are one in a few that offers 60w per channel as opposed to 48, 50, 52w.... but if you're not looking for a lot of power then I would say Pioneer over kenwood....