PDA

View Full Version : Hill-Billy-ish, Yes I know, but...

xbi0s
01-13-2003, 08:11 PM
Hey

Okay, I know this is TOTAL redneck, but I'm trying to hide it as much as possible..

I'll be honest with you, at heart I'm a total nerd that loves his car... but I need to do something here and HIDE it as much as possible..

All my friends have a CB in one form or another, so I got a handheld one, and its worked fine, but it has shitty ass reception + no one can hear me... Theres 10 cars so far with this (Cars/trucks)

The people that have this don't care if they have an eye-sore antenna on their cars, but I do..

Radioshack has nothing to hide it, other than a "look alike cell phone antenna" thats like 2ft long, hell noooo!

Anyone know of any ways to hide or a small antenna that looks like a cell phone one?

Goddamn I know Im gunna get shit for this one :( I set myself up, but I need some ideas.. Or idears, yamptoo!!!

87accordlxi
01-13-2003, 08:19 PM
fuck it man, just slap that sucker on your trunk and have fun :)

xbi0s
01-13-2003, 08:21 PM
lol -- I have thought of that, running the wire to my trunk and just pulling it out when needed, becuz hell it is fun having 5 - 10 cars on there, running through traffic.. One person gets over and lets everyone else in, and if anyone fucks with you.. lol :)

But after I get a paint job, I dont want that bitch on the paint :)

Coitis1
01-13-2003, 08:40 PM
just run it right up the side of the windshield. i used to drive an old pile that had the area around the antenae rusted out so i taped the antenna to the side of the windshield and u couldn't even see it.

DigitaLuminescence
01-13-2003, 09:05 PM
:lol
I don't see how having a CB is being a redneck. There's nothing wrong with having a CB. Shit, I want one now. My friends would think that was cool.

Besides, it's good to have a CB in your car, because then you can communicate with others (if, to say, you were in an emergency situation like a bad accident, or if you saw an accident). It's good to have something to communicate with other than a cell phone.

I wouldn't be afraid of what other people will say to you. If dumbass morons start bitching, just tell 'em to fuck off, that's all it takes. And they will call you a few names and then leave you alone. Ooo... fuck fuck fuckity dooky poo... :D

I say mount the sucker (the antenna) where ever you want it. Flaunt what ya got, man!

Kudos.

xbi0s
01-13-2003, 09:08 PM
lol

One way you cannot beat a CB is on the highway... A fuzz buster comes no where near saving your ass from the cops :)

shepherd79
01-14-2003, 05:18 AM
because you are running CB radio, you will need big ass antenna for it.
your best choice it to get the ones that go on a window and slap it on the back window with slight angle.

Neuspeed007
01-14-2003, 05:58 PM
i used to have a cb radio instlaled in my car, i got a deacent antenna from walm-mart and slapped it on top of my car, rgith smack dab in the middle. I think it was cool, alot of the ricers though my car was some soreda technological advancement on the feild (street) but i took it off after my cb radio got stolen. I replaced it wiht a huge pilice scanner....

Neuspeed007
01-14-2003, 06:01 PM
my police scanner runs off of a wire antenna that it attached to my window inside. It looks sweet to most drivers...trust me on that. try and see if u can get one of those...but i am not going to lie to u, i did get a hell of a lot of shit for that antenna on my car....HAHA a lil ricer poser like myself with a antenna....:lol sry bud

Coke White SE-i
01-16-2003, 05:30 PM
I used to have a cb in my old winter beater, and if you have the wire, you dont really need the long metal antenna, you can just fun the wird itself trough your trunk, and up around on your real windshield... it really works just as well as the big ass antenna sticking up!

Tim Yoak
01-16-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Coke White SE-i
I used to have a cb in my old winter beater, and if you have the wire, you dont really need the long metal antenna, you can just fun the wird itself trough your trunk, and up around on your real windshield... it really works just as well as the big ass antenna sticking up! What you can do is get a screw in mount, attach that to the rear bumper, then when you want the antenna, just screw it in. they make a cb where everything is in the mike, channel etc. thats what I'm going to get jc whitney makes an adaptor that converts a standard antenna to a cb antenna. you could rig that to a power antenna

xbi0s
01-17-2003, 04:23 AM
For now I have just a magnet antenna

I totally forgot JC WHitney made that adapter, and I used to work there :)

I think I'll stop by the warehouse tonight :)

iloveJDMblackrims69
01-17-2003, 09:23 AM
HEY BOBBY!! GO TAKE THAT ANTENNA IN REDNECK CUMTRY!

SQ is the SQUAD
01-17-2003, 09:45 AM
will a fuba ampilfied antenna work, i got one, the small one like on the new vdubbs and bmw and it looks cool

Tim Yoak
01-17-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by h0ndavtec
will a fuba ampilfied antenna work, i got one, the small one like on the new vdubbs and bmw and it looks cool I'm not sure, it's supposed to make a car radio work like a cb antenna. not sure how good it works