PDA

View Full Version : Engine Hestitation then PGM-FI Light

xbi0s
01-13-2003, 08:13 PM
Aight..

I was heading down a nice little road, put my cruise on at 70mph (3,000rpm roughly)...

This happens frequently at this

About 10 minutes later the engine starts doing this jerking.. Like the injectors are dirty(?) and then the PGM-FI light kicks on after about a minute and hte engine does something and runs FINE... Good accel and everything then

I can make the jerking stop by revving it, but it comes back quickly...

Any ideas? This happens with or without cruise too

AccordEpicenter
01-13-2003, 09:21 PM
hmm sounds like a bad sensor somewhere, what does the computer's code say?

AZmike
01-15-2003, 03:43 PM
If you didn't know, you can check the computer code by looking under the driver seat from behind and count the light flashes after removing the light cover (if it's still there). It only flashes when the check engine light is on.

maka_RTH
01-15-2003, 04:11 PM
if the light doesn't stay on..., you could prolly have a friend get down in the back while your going to check the light when it ocmes on

xbi0s
01-15-2003, 08:19 PM
I'll check it tomorrow... If it does it.. It hasnt been

My mom went behind me and went to honda the other day asking if they could fix it.. THen she attempts to tell me "I guess there is a built in sensor"

I was like "Dood, What did I tel lyou lastnight? I looked in the manual and read about the lights.. I know.."

"Well its $60.."

"How about I find out what the hell is wrong first"

Moms.. Cant live with em, Can't live comfortably without them

:)

88LXi/87CRXSi
01-16-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by 89LXi4dr
It only flashes when the check engine light is on.

Originally posted by maka_RTH
if the light doesn't stay on..., you could prolly have a friend get down in the back while your going to check the light when it ocmes on
I'm pretty sure that the error code will be stored in memory and can be read any time the ignition is turned on. The memory for the dash warning light will be reset each time the ignition is turned off. It won't come back on unless the problem detected again.
So... no need to drive around with a friend laying on your floor, waiting for the light to come back on! :lol

-Steve

xbi0s
01-17-2003, 04:29 AM
What's weird is whenever the dash light comes on the problem is fixed and the car runs great...