PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Meet Sign-in/ Poll

Jerren
05-22-2002, 11:29 AM
This meet will go down the weekend of July 12-14. which is friday-sunday. I understand 7 hours is a long way so thats why I suggest it be held for those 3 days so you can get your "drives worth." everyone can come on Friday we have some fun. then saturday we can all role to six flags. and sunday every one will go home or those who would like to go to the autocross can go then go home. no matter what you do you HAVE to go home!!!

This is just a roughdraft of the weekend. nothing is concrete here. if you guys don't mind driving here on a saturday and back on sunday thats fine. whatever works for you.

rallyeNate
05-22-2002, 12:55 PM
good dates, july 12-13. i dont much care for the six flags bit, but what ever. it would be great to see all of you at the autocross meet.

I am in!

Jerren
05-22-2002, 01:36 PM
i suggested sixflags so we can have something to do to fill up the entire day. just a suggestion. hey nate, do you know what happened to that mark guy who we met that day?

gugumachi
05-22-2002, 02:07 PM
sounds good to me, just hope my car is back together by then...

Jerren
05-22-2002, 02:10 PM
when did your car come aparT?:confused:

AccordChemist
05-22-2002, 07:46 PM
im in as long as its going to be a big meet and not just a couple people...:p

Jareds 89 LX-i
05-22-2002, 09:43 PM
I'm in :) Depending on how much extra $ I have when the time comes, I may come up on Saturday morning (assuming we have the 3 day thing) so I only have 1 night in a motel. But either way I'm coming, so count me in, and any of those days are fine for me

gugumachi
05-22-2002, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Jerren
when did your car come aparT?:confused:

i took it apart to try to fix my sunroof drainage problem and some electrical problems i'm having. there's a pic in the technical section, under "things to check while interior's stripped"

Jerren
05-23-2002, 12:05 PM
ok i'm about to request that saturday off.

all of you ohio guys be sure to vote and who ever else plans on attending.

rallyeNate
05-23-2002, 08:44 PM
saturday nite,we can go to the dragstrip. if have not been there this year but last year it started at 7p and when sometime in the morring. thats my two cents

Jerren
05-25-2002, 03:02 PM
are you telling me that only 5 people plan on attending this meet?

Jerren
06-05-2002, 05:59 PM
damn it, are you ohio guys gonna come or what?

kevins89lxi
06-15-2002, 09:06 AM
What Six Flags are we talking about here? The IL or Missouri? I will drive I either one I think, depends if my car is together or not

Jerren
06-15-2002, 09:11 AM
whoever voted in this thread, you wasted your time. it really doesn't seem like any one is really interested in this meet. if no one posts their thoughts we can't make the meet happen.

87accordlxi
06-15-2002, 12:51 PM
jerren, why dont you try posting it on the calendar? or if you want, send me the info and i can put it up for you. im not sure what good it would do, but its at least worth a try

Jerren
06-15-2002, 03:12 PM
posting what on what calendar?:confused:

carbed86lx
06-15-2002, 08:11 PM
Were is this meet going to be? if its at the sixflags in illinos i might be able to cruise on over.let me know more about this meet:pimp:

L Squared
06-15-2002, 08:33 PM
Well i'm going to throw ouot my ideas. The calander this i s a good idea. But to be honest not a lot is going on organization wise. So...I'll do what i can in the short ammount of time we have until the said date. I need some help from people who have organized this sort oof thing as to what it should involve and types of people to contact.

Re: Six Flags
I think he meant the one here in St. Louis. Now, that being said i'm not sure it'd be a good idea it'd be fun tho! it seems to me that it should be car related.

I tossed the idea oof a pool hall just so people can socialize and such. Whoever wants to get drinks can and we can have some fun playin a couple of games.

As for the St. L folks is there a good forum or an actual place to start talkin to people?

In anycase those are my thoughts on it. My worry is that it will seem like it's slopped together instead of something that's pretty well planned out. Unless that's what you're lookin for. My other problem is that I won't be able to attend because oof my work and school schedules. If i can it'll only be for a few hours. But i can do all the leg work in slappin something together.

Lemme knowo what you think.

-Lē

And i went ahead and posted the dates ont he calender in hopes of stirring up interest. Included is a link to a thread and just some general info (ie if there's interest this meet will happen). I'd really like to see this happen so i just jumped in and did it. Sorry if i stepped on anyone's toes.

rallyeNate
06-23-2002, 02:18 PM
just ckecking in---

who is all cooming?

L Squared
06-23-2002, 08:58 PM
Well as of yet i've heard nothing. I'm assuming there's not enuf interest in this at the moment. And it's possible that it may be too late to organize something substantial. But anything's possible.

-Lē

Jerren
06-24-2002, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by L Squared
Well as of yet i've heard nothing. I'm assuming there's not enuf interest in this at the moment. And it's possible that it may be too late to organize something substantial. But anything's possible.

-Lē

my thoughts exactly. i'm in still i guess. but it doesnt seem like enough people are coming to make this thing happen.

rallyeNate
06-25-2002, 07:25 AM
what in hell happen to all those people that said that they were coming down?

89RIDE
06-25-2002, 10:11 PM
Where is this meet being held?

L Squared
06-26-2002, 06:18 PM
Once again, I'll say as the sort of official organizer of this event, I think this is canceled. The reason being is that there is a lack of interest for mentioned dates. Hell there's a lack of interest period. Maybe it's St. Louis maybe it's something else. The fact of the matter is there hasn't been any response to any posts until recently. So...i haven't really put anything together for fear of expending a lot of energy on an event that no one is coming to.

The dates that are posted don't leave enuf time to organize anything substantial. And if this meet were to last an entire weekend, i'd want it be really good and pretty organized. Two and a half weeks is not enuf time. It'll just seem like, and will be, something that was schlepped together last minute and that is not worth anyone's drive. I suggest sometime in october. That leaves a lot of time to work everything out provided that there's an interest.

What does everyone think? Imput and ideas are always welcome. If someone is willing to step up and try and salvage the July dates feel free.

-Lē

Jerren
06-26-2002, 06:57 PM
i think july is obviously out of the picture. like you said, there is really no interest in this. i think the end of september may be ok. fall time is nice in st louis.

3_GENCYCO
06-26-2002, 08:06 PM
COOL, SOME ONE FROM CHI-TOWN... I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE ON THIS BOARD.... WE COULD ROLL TOGETHER....?