PDA

View Full Version : Owner of a 1988 Accord Lxi 5-speed

Maximilliane
11-06-2015, 01:00 PM
Greetings, fellow forum users...my name is Kevin. I have owned a 1988 Accord Lxi 5 speed for 6 to 7 years. I recently asked a shop to replace the clutch, and the car drove well for awhile. However, the trans became progressively more difficult to shift from a stopped position, although I had no issues shifting into first gear while engine running, rolling downhill. I was informed that either the shift fork is bent, or the sychros have failed. My automotive repair knowledge base covers mostly older American full- and mid-sized cars, and some experience with older Japanese cars (carbureted and early FI). I need to locate a PDF owner's manual for my car to facilitate trans R & R.

Oldblueaccord
11-07-2015, 06:01 PM
Greetings, fellow forum users...my name is Kevin. I have owned a 1988 Accord Lxi 5 speed for 6 to 7 years. I recently asked a shop to replace the clutch, and the car drove well for awhile. However, the trans became progressively more difficult to shift from a stopped position, although I had no issues shifting into first gear while engine running, rolling downhill. I was informed that either the shift fork is bent, or the sychros have failed. My automotive repair knowledge base covers mostly older American full- and mid-sized cars, and some experience with older Japanese cars (carbureted and early FI). I need to locate a PDF owner's manual for my car to facilitate trans R & R.

Two pretty easy things to check yourself is:

1. make sure the oil in the trans is full.

2. the clutch is cable actuated so it can be adjusted. The adjustment is a black knob down on the trans itself front of car. Follow the cable around to it.

Dr_Snooz
11-13-2015, 07:54 PM
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vtyhl48z5uftmt1/AAA0VFYqWyfZ35Nvudl0xk_Oa?dl=0