PDA

View Full Version : Why can't people have parts in stock for our cars!!

Jims 86LXI HB
05-22-2002, 11:46 AM
I just went threw a 6 week ordeal finding a DC Sport header and now no one has the rear sway bar I want! Dang it!!! I wanted to order a addco rear sway bar for my car from shox.com and they didn't have it in stock. So I called addco and they said they didn't have one either. And they only had 1 on order and would not make more until 8-10 were on order,:rant::rant: gee wanna guess when they'd make some, I'm thinking NEXT YEAR :mad: :mad:

So I guess I'm going to do plan B:D I'm going to send a complete bar and all the mounting hardware to,
www.sanerperffab.com/products.htm so they can make me a 7/8" rear bar. I do plan on getting the suspension techniques front bar. And yes the suspension techniques rear bar is to small for me:D

I was thinking that I didn't need to go larger, but I now think I do. Plus I noticed that suspension techniques puts larger rear bars on the preludes.

Justanothermike
05-22-2002, 11:51 AM
you goin driftin jim!?!?:confused:

Jims 86LXI HB
05-22-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Justanothermike
you goin driftin jim!?!?:confused:

LOL, no I've seen that stuff in the magizine's.

I don't think you noticed that I said I'm getting the front suspension techniques bar to.

Hey if the tech's at all the sway bar companies can put equal size sway bars front to rear on the civics and preludes, I think I can get close to equal. I'm doing it as a test and if it doesn't work I won't cry about the money I spent.

Frankly the addco sway bar set is only 1/8" thicker in the front, compaired to the rear. With this set up I will be 1/16" thicker in the front compaired to the rear, not much difference. So my thinking isn't much different then their production items.

Justanothermike
05-22-2002, 12:11 PM
you always talk about beefing up the rear jim. you go to beefy and ur gonna have no suspension back there and its gonna be swingin out back. hope u got plans to beef up the front aswell.

Mike89Accordcom
05-22-2002, 01:07 PM
That's how it usually is man. Out of all the performance shops in our area, the only thing they stock is springs, wings, and lights. The rest all has to be ordered. It sucks. Everything takes forever to get. Not enough demand for our cars is why they don't stock shit for it :burn:

RobT5580
05-22-2002, 08:47 PM
Im waiting on my DC Strut bar from Nopi i hope it doesnt take as long as Mike's did.....

Jims 86LXI HB
05-23-2002, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by Justanothermike
you always talk about beefing up the rear jim. you go to beefy and ur gonna have no suspension back there and its gonna be swingin out back. hope u got plans to beef up the front aswell.

Justanothermike, re-read both my post's again, in both of them I mention that I'm getting the suspension techniques front bar, which is almost a inch thick. I'm not talking about going thicker in the rear then the front, heck I'm not even talking about the front and rear bars even being equal. Which is just what my brother has on his civic, and what a surprise his car corners with little understeer. And furthermore I don't see where I'm going so thick that I'm going to hinder the suspensions ability to act indepently. So in the front will be 15/16" in the rear I'd like 7/8", which is a WHOPPING 1/8" thicker than the suspension techniques bar. And like I said, I'm using the SAME logic that the designers from all the sway bar companies are using when then designed the sizes for civic's and preludes And finally like I said it is a,.......TEST
:crying: And if their's still some sort of confussion I'll do a post on this at the SCCAforums.com .:D ;) oh and here http://pub52.ezboard.com/fgrassrootsmotorsportsfrm0 and of course here http://www.improvedtouring.com :stick: :stick:

Justanothermike
05-23-2002, 02:40 AM
we shall see.:)

one thing i'd like to mention tho is that our 91 coupe handles very good at lower speeds and is very neutral. this is with the progress kit, stock front swaybar, and NO rear sway bar:confused: it dipps and dives a little to much so stiffer springs and struts are in the works, definately for the front and a decent set of sway bars. we may demote the front springs to the rear. if we go to stiff in the rear we're affraid that it will get jittery out back because its just about gutted and very light. at higher speeds it seems as if the car floats over some bumps so stiffer struts are a MUST. a couple of other little bugs to be worked out and this thing will HUAL ASS on the autocross course, road course, and the street:D