PDA

View Full Version : Fuel filter question

jonb
11-10-2015, 05:35 AM
I searched the FAQs and couldn't find what I'm looking for, sorry if I missed it. I'm driving my first Accord, 1987 LXi fuel injected and have a questions about the fuel filter. I removed the old filter yesterday but didn't pay attention to the way it was mounted in the bracket (stupid, I know), and started installing the new one. The new one has a couple of arrows and brackets on it which I believe indicate fuel flow direction, however it seems to be backwards. The filter is mounted to the firewall on the passenger side with a short/small diameter fuel line coming out of the firewall. If I remember correctly, the small diameter line went to the left side of the filter but the way the hose brackets on the filter are designed and the direction arrows on the filter, it seems the fuel would flow in the wrong direction through the filter. If someone has a pic of a mounted filter on the same year/make/model I could look at I would appreciate it. I can't find one on line and the manual is not clear. I don't want to drive the car and screw something up with a backward mounted fuel filter.

Thanks

Oldblueaccord
11-11-2015, 11:42 PM
I searched the FAQs and couldn't find what I'm looking for, sorry if I missed it. I'm driving my first Accord, 1987 LXi fuel injected and have a questions about the fuel filter. I removed the old filter yesterday but didn't pay attention to the way it was mounted in the bracket (stupid, I know), and started installing the new one. The new one has a couple of arrows and brackets on it which I believe indicate fuel flow direction, however it seems to be backwards. The filter is mounted to the firewall on the passenger side with a short/small diameter fuel line coming out of the firewall. If I remember correctly, the small diameter line went to the left side of the filter but the way the hose brackets on the filter are designed and the direction arrows on the filter, it seems the fuel would flow in the wrong direction through the filter. If someone has a pic of a mounted filter on the same year/make/model I could look at I would appreciate it. I can't find one on line and the manual is not clear. I don't want to drive the car and screw something up with a backward mounted fuel filter.

Thanks

The short one is from the fuel tank but it usually ends up more towards the front of the car. I would just follow the arrows.

jonb
11-13-2015, 10:17 AM
Thank you OldBlueAccord. For whatever reason what I was looking at just didn't make any sense to me and I didn't want to break something because I hooked up the fuel filter wrong. Major mind fart I guess.

Oldblueaccord
11-14-2015, 12:55 PM
Thank you OldBlueAccord. For whatever reason what I was looking at just didn't make any sense to me and I didn't want to break something because I hooked up the fuel filter wrong. Major mind fart I guess.

I would take a picture of mine but i got it jacked up with a pressure guage on it so i dont think it would help. Just keep the lines nice and straight no kinks.