PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions...

88 Accord DX
01-15-2003, 09:15 AM
Question #1:
=> About what temp. does it have to be outside to flip your air lid on a carb?

Question #2:
=> Can i paint things like door handles and shifter (auto) with Testors paint without it rubbing off or anything like that??

88 Accord DX
01-15-2003, 09:51 AM
just thought of a third question:

some of my vac lines are cut off and stopped up. does this hurt anything?

87accordlxi
01-15-2003, 11:33 AM
1) it doesnt have to be any certain temp. the only thing i can think of is to flip it back over when it gets extremely cold outside, to prevent the carb from freezing. the temperature doesnt make much difference cuz it's sucking in warm engine air anyways. the carb guys can probably explain it better than me.

2) i dont see a problem with using testors paint on dor handles, but i'm not sure about the shifter. it's covered with a soft material and is used very often, so it may rub off some.

3) the vaccum lines are mostly used for emissions equipment. naturally i would recommend re-attaching them, because they're there to help your car run better. again, thats a question for the carb guys.

Mike89Accordcom
01-15-2003, 04:23 PM
I wouldnt use testors on my paint. Even though it's good spraypaint and it's a strong substance.

AZmike
01-15-2003, 07:37 PM
They have special spray paint for car interiors that is flexable enough that it should last better. Some clear coat on top would help with wear too.

3G Jester
01-15-2003, 09:29 PM
about the vacume lines---
get paul aerodecks online manual (if u dont have a real one) .....the part on carbs.....do a search in the carb how to and go chill in the garage for an hour.

about the carb lid---i flipped mine for a while. it was fun for a bit. but then i realized it wasnt the best idea with the generic filter...id only recomend it with K&N......but thats just me.

shepherd79
01-16-2003, 05:24 AM
do you live in a state with no Emission?
if you do, keep and eye on HOW to remove vacuum lines in carb section.

88 Accord DX
01-16-2003, 05:49 AM
i live in texas so i doubt we have emission tests. and the removing vac line how to is down.

about the vac lines. 3 of them are cut off about 3 inches from the black box and plugged up.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
01-16-2003, 03:02 PM
88 Accord DX,

I believe Texas does have emission tests. If in doubt, check your local shops, they will tell you for sure if you have to pass emissions. At least here in Houston, we have the ET as mandatory.

:D

iloveJDMblackrims69
01-17-2003, 09:08 AM
are you guys talkin about the model car testors paint???????

88 Accord DX
01-17-2003, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by '89AccordLX(Rus)
88 Accord DX,

I believe Texas does have emission tests. If in doubt, check your local shops, they will tell you for sure if you have to pass emissions. At least here in Houston, we have the ET as mandatory.

:D

only in Dallas, FT. Worth, Denton, Austin, and Houstin everywhere else is free to emit.

are you guys talkin about the model car testors paint???????

yeah its not just for model cars but thats one of the uses for it and thats where you will find it.

Mike's89AccordLX
01-17-2003, 09:19 AM
Uhh buy a weber 32/36 carb. And if you don't have to worry about emmissions like I do then remove the black box. Your car is carbed so it's ok to remove the black box. I don't think FI cars can remove it.

88 Accord DX
01-17-2003, 09:21 AM
is adding that carb a bolt on job or will it take some work?