PDA

View Full Version : alot of b20a questions sorry pleas experts answer only

b20a86lude
01-15-2003, 12:02 PM
yea so ok i just want everything to work on my motor with out anything fucking up sorry for bothering you guys are great for answering my questions so im gonna list what i know and somone tell me if im wrong i need a wirirng harness and and a 86 integra distibutor and a rear transsmisson mount and keep the ssame axles to put the b20a in right but if i dont want to do that i have to get my old manifold and and keep the ecu i have and keep the distrubutor right and where do i get the rear transmisson mount someone pllease tell me and what starter do i use the a20 or the b20a5 and do i use the b20a5 injectors and cam gears and puley and cams and igntion stuff except for the wires which are 90 integra spark plug wires right and oh and i also use the water pump and oil pump and belt tentioner and the piston rings i use b20a5 right and all of the other stuff like o rings iu se the b20a5 stuff right thats it and the motor wil be in and good running with no problems kool thanks for all your help i will give pics when its done yessssssssssss i love b20as

YK86
01-15-2003, 01:51 PM
Wow, that was one looooong sentence. There's a bunch of stuff that you said that isn't quite right but I don't have time at the moment to type it all up (break time right now). I'll do it tonight after work if someone hasn't done it by then.

YK86
01-15-2003, 11:41 PM
I take it no one else wanted to do it LOL.

Anyways, there are three ways of doing it and I am doing it the first method. Regardless, you will need the B20A rear mount, either the B20A axles or A20 axles, 90+ Teg plug wires, A20 auto tranny starter, and B20A5 plugs. Which intake manifold you use is up to you. Internally, the B20A5 is pretty much the same as the B20A so you can use the rings and stuff. As for converting to USDM water pump, you will need the USDM lower timing belt sprocket, cam gear, and a H23 timing belt (but the belt is one tooth too tight but it fits). Oil pump I'm not too sure but it looks identical to the USDM. If you don't have to convert, just use the existing stuff and the early 90's Maxima (133 teeth) timing belt is the same as the JDM timing belt. The B20A5 flywheel fits but it seems to stick out a tiny bit too far so with the B20A5 clutch installed, it rubs the bellhousing so grinding the bellhousing will be neccessary.

For making it run, the 3 options are:
1)All B20A parts (ECU, crank angle sensor, distributor) and some B20A5 parts for the ignition (external ignitor and harness) and the main wiring harness is my old A20A with a few extra shielded wires I ran (see my thread Project B20A which also has the pinout for the 86/87 style ECU).

2)A20A3 ECU, 1st gen Teg vaccum advance distributor and crankangle sensor. Teg dist. has an internal ignitor.

3)B20A5 ECU, distributor, and crankangle sensor with external ignitor. You'll have to ask Carot for the wiring specs.

As for "making it run no problems", that will also take a bit of work in terms of getting the timing right, all the wires hooked up properly, and stuff like that.

carotman
01-16-2003, 04:18 AM
I couldn't have said it better :). The Wiring diagram for the PK2 ECU (B20A5) is in the FAQ section if you need it.

In all 3 options, you can keep you A20A harness and just add the wires that are missing, If you use a 86-87 teg distributor, you don't even need to add any wire.

b20a86lude
01-16-2003, 04:41 AM
thank you very much yk86 you are the best thank u