PDA

View Full Version : CD wont play,...CODE 6?

Jdub07
05-22-2002, 02:36 PM
I put a Cd in and I can here it spinning but it wont play any music...then about 5 seconds later "CODE 6" comes up on the screen and it stops trying to play. I have searched through the manual but have no idea what code 6 is. Can someone help? Its like it can't read the cd or something?:burn:

TeKKnoTeKK
05-22-2002, 02:51 PM
Hmmmm sounds to me like a damaged CD or that the H/U needs to be reset. Does it do it on all CD's or just one?

Jdub07
05-22-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by TeKKnoTeKK
Hmmmm sounds to me like a damaged CD or that the H/U needs to be reset. Does it do it on all CD's or just one?

I thought the same thing but it is doing it with all cd's. I tried to reset it but still keeps doing it.

Bobs89LXi
05-22-2002, 05:05 PM
How old is the head unit? They have a tendency after awhile to to lose their skew. What I mean by that is the laser pickup my be unable to find center of track, or the servo is not working correctly. Sometimes this can be corrected by cleaning the laser pickup lense. The best thing to do is get in there and clean it with Q-tips and isopropyl alcohol (the same type used for head cleaners)

Jdub07
05-23-2002, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Bobs89LXi
How old is the head unit? They have a tendency after awhile to to lose their skew. What I mean by that is the laser pickup my be unable to find center of track, or the servo is not working correctly. Sometimes this can be corrected by cleaning the laser pickup lense. The best thing to do is get in there and clean it with Q-tips and isopropyl alcohol (the same type used for head cleaners)

It's pretty new but I'll give that a shot,..don't have much to lose

TeKKnoTeKK
05-23-2002, 12:16 PM
yeah cleaning the cd lense is always worth a shot, it would probably be easier buying a cd lense cleaner from the store tho. That way it is in cd form and you don't have to take apart the stereo and void your warranty (if you still have one)