PDA

View Full Version : What is the best place to get my next A20A3??

Chrome_thangs
01-15-2003, 09:20 PM
Where on line would be a good place to purchase my A20A3? (yes i'm swapping in the same engine, just learned half way how to do matinence and stuff on it!) Also, i was reading something about the import engines being "tagged", meaning that they have under 40k. Where do they sell these?

maka_RTH
01-15-2003, 10:01 PM
look in the yellow pages of your phone book. i know there are a few japanese engine dealers around here. also, you can check the junkyard... as for online..., i dont' know..., search on google?

Chrome_thangs
01-15-2003, 10:45 PM
theres got to be an online spot to get them. I remember reading about it, but just can't find it again. Come on guys help me out

YK86
01-15-2003, 11:18 PM
Phone the junkyard (unless there is none around your place). Getting a used JDM engine shipped is one thing but a USDM A motor will come out much cheaper if you go to the wrecker, pick one out with low miles, get a warranty (and it will be local if you ever do have problems), and take it home in your trunk or a truck.

RobT5580
01-16-2003, 08:08 AM
www.nipponmotors.com It will be a JDM one (no more hp) but i got one from them and it was in better shape than any other JDM motor i have see. The only difference was the Thermostat housing so just swap yours. The only other thing was the pulleys were damaged in shipping but not a big deal since you will have all yours. The swap itself took me one day in and out and started first time (once i put the ground on the fuel rail) and it was my first time swapping a motor. I was impressed with the one i got and i think it was like $750 w/shipping and shipping was a lot cause it was for home delivery. Good Luck Rob

iloveJDMblackrims69
01-19-2003, 12:58 PM
WAIT.........SO A NEW CARB IS 750 w/shippin???

RobT5580
01-19-2003, 05:09 PM
That was for FI but im sure they have carbs too. I live in CT and paid for home delivery so it may be even cheaper. But i was very very impressed on the condition of the motor except the damaged pulleys. My friends H22 looks like it has 100k on it and many other JDM motors i have seen look pretty bad.

SiCReX
01-27-2003, 02:59 AM
so what are the jdm specs for the a20a3, are they the same?

RobT5580
01-27-2003, 07:01 AM
Yes they are the same as the US specs the only thing that will need to be used from your USDM motor is the thermostat housing cause its only tapped for one sensor instead of the two.