PDA

View Full Version : rotors

shepherd79
05-22-2002, 06:08 PM
ok,
i just had a 400 mile( both directions) trip to morgantown WV today, and i hate my rotors. My steering wheel shakes after 60 mph when i push my breaks.
it is a second set. :mad:
i am getting tired of stock breaks.
so what i want to know, who makes good rotors for our cars?
I want driled, sloted or both. :crying:
please help me guys.

what do you think about this ones:
http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jhtml?CATID=141538&BQ=jcw2
and did rotors on 88-89 dx and LX models are diff. from 86-87?
thanks a lot for your help.
you guys rock. :super: :bow:

guaynabo89
05-22-2002, 07:48 PM
What kind of pads did you buy? Were they the bargain ones.

Try getting some performance pads that don't get that hot.

The rotors are nice and I think the 88-89 lx dx rotors are the same as the 86-87

superaccord
05-22-2002, 10:58 PM
i have power slot rotors, and auto zone pads for now, and holy shit. they freaking stop. good rotors bro.

shepherd79
05-23-2002, 03:38 AM
i have rotors from autozone ($35 a pop) and raybestos pads i got form pepboys.
i had autozone pads before and i kill them within a year. they were gone.
so i need to find a good pads. raybestos are the best so far. they last me 1.5 years, and they are good for another year.

OldSchoolSwap
05-23-2002, 06:42 AM
I think DX and LX have smaller rotors. Upgrade to LX-i or Se-I front rotors.

Pads: Get either HONDA OEM (Verry good performance) or AEM High performance pads (Exellent performance).

AEM pads are manufactured in conjunction with Original Equipment (O.E.) Japanese brake manufacturer NISSIN, AEM’s High Performance Brake Pads are guaranteed to outperform the stock pads and fit perfectly every time. A unique ceramic-aramid fiber compound provides a higher coefficient of friction which resists fading and reduces stopping distances. These pads were independently lab tested to ensure consistent hot or cold performance, shorter stopping distances and reduced pedal effort.
Key features:

-Specifically engineered for high performance braking
-Ideal with AEM O.E. Caliper Big Rotor Brake Kit
-Use of non-ferrous metals produces non-corrosive brake dust
-Low squeal properties
-Light colored dust doesn’t show on wheels
-Pads work with stock brake system

OldSchoolSwap
05-23-2002, 07:01 AM
AEM Front pads

Accord 1988-89 Sedan LXi, SEi Part# 26-125

Accord 1989 Coupe Sei Part# 26-125

Accord 1986-88 Sedan DX, LX Part # 26-105

Accord 1988-89 Coupe DX Part # 26-105

NOTE: as you can see, the DX/LX do have smaller front rotors as apposed to the SE-i and LX-i.

Akuma
05-23-2002, 09:45 AM
Old school, how much do those pads run?

AccordSi
05-23-2002, 10:02 AM
For what it's worth....I use Civic Si rotors and VTEC Prelude calipers for my stopping power. It works...the car stops on a dime, almost to the point of whiplash. Only problem is the base of the disc pads and brake shields need some grinding because it rubs the outer housing of the rotor (where the wheel mounts on) and causes and annoying squeal as the wheels turn.

accordSi.

OldSchoolSwap
05-23-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by AccordSi
For what it's worth....I use Civic Si rotors and VTEC Prelude calipers for my stopping power. It works...the car stops on a dime, almost to the point of whiplash.

accordSi.

For that just get the AEM Big brake kit! Nothing compares that braking POWER! I know I'm happy:)

Akuma,
Between $30 to $40 Look for them online.