PDA

View Full Version : Driver side headlight out

aSoftVtec
12-07-2015, 12:26 PM
ok guys, i blew out a tire on a dirt road and it destroyed the wires in my driver side wheel well, i matched color and connected all the wire i could ( granted i am colorblind ) but i am still left with multiple wire from both ends with nowhere to connect and no driverside headlight, neither the headlight high or low beams work and the motor does not work,i have searched vast corners of the internets and everything in between for some sort of help and have found none, all fuses are intact, does anyone have some sort of diagram or picture of the wires? i got a repair and report for the headlight being out so i need help asap.

conozo
12-07-2015, 01:01 PM
I think your just going to have to remove more of the wire protective jacket and see if you can find where the wires got ripped apart. I would assume that its where the wire loom bends into the engine bay where it broke.

Its pretty easy to take the front wheel fender off to get a better look at the wires. Bolts on top in the engine bay. One in the top door jam, you can see it when the door is open. Then one on the bottom by the rocker panel. We'll now i forget if theres one under the front bumper or in the turn signal corner light.

aSoftVtec
12-07-2015, 01:20 PM
the problem is under where the wheel well is supposed to be, i have all wires exposed but there are wires with no match4

conozo
12-07-2015, 01:27 PM
so just to clarify, you have a few wires on both sides and the colors don't match?

aSoftVtec
12-07-2015, 01:29 PM
yes, i believe there are 3 coming from the headlight area and 6 or so from the other side of the black plastic thing

aSoftVtec
12-07-2015, 01:29 PM
i appreciate the help, i know my descriptions arent the best but im limited by sight

conozo
12-07-2015, 01:38 PM
yes, i believe there are 3 coming from the headlight area and 6 or so from the other side of the black plastic thing

Yea, if thats the case then there are broken wires where you cannot see. So you'll have to take the protective black jacket that goes around the entire wire loom off bit by bit untill you discover the other wires that are missing.

This is like a math puzzle. 3 wires on the left, 6 on the right and none of them match. Probably means you actually have 9 wires that are broken.

aSoftVtec
12-07-2015, 01:41 PM
I should have been more descriptive, everything seems to work fine, all dash lights work, turn signals work, as well as hazards, only things not functional are the headlight and motor