PDA

View Full Version : Portioning Valve '86 LXi

Willy D
12-07-2015, 03:17 PM
Hey guys, got a couple quick questions I'm hoping someone can help me with. My portioning valve is toast ('86 LXi), I know I can't get this new anymore so what are my best options? I've looked at the Wilwood stuff and would consider that but I'm not sure what part number I would need. Called the company and they weren't much help. Or would it be better to find something from an Integra or something? I would think a 3rd gen would work with my car, which is all stock. I believe mine is a 30/30, but I've heard you can interchange this. Does anyone know/have a picture of how the fluid flows from one port to the other?This might help with the Wilwood option. Just need the car running again. Any help appreciated, thanks.

conozo
12-07-2015, 06:04 PM
Some people have rebuilt theirs. Whats wrong with yours anyways?

Check out this thread to get you started.
http://www.3geez.com/forum/restoration-custom-fabrication/109525-parts-cross-reference-se-i-proportioning-valve.html

Willy D
12-08-2015, 08:58 AM
Mine is leaking out the center hole. The rubber plug is gone somehow. Thanks, I'll check out that thread. I thought I had seen somewhere a picture of how the brake fluid flows through the valve. Have you seen anything like that?

conozo
12-08-2015, 10:53 AM
I don't remember that thread but be sure to search prop valve as its also called that here quite a bit.

MessyHonda
12-14-2015, 10:39 PM
our prop valves are probably discontinued by now. The willwood prop valve would work. you can try a newer civic or integra prop valves. the mounting might be different but the ratio bias will work and bolt up to the lines.