PDA

View Full Version : How much is my B20a AERODECK worth?

RCracer
01-16-2003, 03:47 AM
I have a mate is who is interested in buying my car.
BUT HOW MUCH IS IT WORTH?
I wasn't planning to sell it, but things have changed this year and my spinal/back problem has reared its ugly head again (so driving a manual is getting a pain(literally)). I had already decided that I was planning to buy a Merc 190E auto so that I could move my disabled father around so it looks like that could be happening sooner rather than later (for my sake as well as my father).
My mate has mentioned a few figures which to be honest just about covers the cost of the B20a conversion.
I would like the AERODECK to stay if it could but not sure if that is possible at the moment.:crying:
If anyone in the UK is interested please make me a offer.

I would hate to just see it sit there and not be used.

It may not be sold, if I dont get the sort of money for it that I think its worth it can stay till my back settles down again:mad: .
:smokin:

1989 DX R
01-16-2003, 04:34 AM
Don't get rid of it, whatever you do! You've got a one-of-a-kind vehicle that some of us would sell our mothers to get our hands on.

shepherd79
01-16-2003, 04:57 AM
just keep it. and get your self another 3G with auto.

RCracer
01-16-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by shepherd79
just keep it. and get your self another 3G with auto.
I may end up keeping it yet (may have sorted some storage) depends on what I get offered for it.
I cant get another 3rd Gen accord as most have gone to the breakers yards now and finding a good one would be hard (Plus I need someting a little higher so my dad can get in adn out easy).
They just arnt that common in the UK not even the saloons.

pric
01-16-2003, 09:27 AM
BUT HOW MUCH IS IT WORTH?

Oh let's see over hear state side I would say since they didn't import them hear and you've done the B20A conv. A true 3geer would pay $10,000:lol

P.S. J/k I would pay 3 to 4 grand.

RobT5580
01-16-2003, 11:11 AM
If you do sell it get your money back dont settle for less. Dont know what its work cause even in the U.S. car values are different depending where you live. But sometimes you have to part with things you dont want to and i realize the amounts of money im putting in my accord with never come back out but i dont plan on getting rid of it ever. Id rather put it in storage and let it sit than let it go.

A20A1
01-16-2003, 12:38 PM
I saw the title of this thread, and I didn't know what to think. I would hate to see you sell it.

Mike's89AccordLX
01-16-2003, 12:46 PM
Don't sell it. If you do though send it to the US for one of us to buy. I want to see it.

slammedLXI
01-16-2003, 01:32 PM
www.nadaguides.com good site to find out value of pretty much any car or motorcycle

slammedLXI
01-16-2003, 01:34 PM
but i guess that wouldnt help for UK cars, sorry

RCracer
01-16-2003, 01:53 PM
Ive done my checking on the book value and I have put more than that into it with the engine swap etc than they value it at.

According to the local car dealers guide book its worth between £300($450us)-£900($1350us) trade and up to £1500($2250us) retail.

I didn't really want to sell it anyway & if I was going to sell it I am not letting it go for peanuts.

I just need another car at the moment to move my father (and me around) with a bit of comfort.

markmdz89hatch
01-16-2003, 03:00 PM
I'll buy it off you and import it stateside so I can put it under cover and break it out only in perfect weather. I would be willing to go as high as like 4grand. (would be more, but import will cost mucho $$)

Sean
01-19-2003, 07:26 PM
why not swap in an automatic tranny ?

socal3rdgen
01-19-2003, 07:31 PM
i wonder if that would be possible seeming as he said he has a bad back.

RCracer
01-20-2003, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by Sean
why not swap in an automatic tranny ?

There are NO automatic B20a trannys in the UK.
It wasn't a option with the B20a engine.

I cant work on my car at all at the moment. I thought (and was told, even though it was to goood to be true) that my back problem was not going to bother me anymore but it just shows that the doctors dont know everything.