PDA

View Full Version : Should i mod my car?

88 Accord DX
01-16-2003, 09:23 AM
im in a delima. i love my 3G, but i dont know if i should mod it or not. so far ive just added stuff that can be moved to another car. my question is should i mod it (exhaust, intake, plugs, wires)? i hit 100K miles a couple months ago so engine life is still there. i just dont wanna throw alot of money into a car that wont last me, cuz im not a rich guy.

any advice will help.

Mike89Accordcom
01-16-2003, 09:49 AM
I would keep it. Our cars go well over 200,000 miles. Do what you want to it. Our cars are original so mod that puppy up.

iloveJDMblackrims69
01-16-2003, 10:20 AM
yea you should but dont be puttin nates stickers all over it to make it go faster lol....JP.......but yea our cars last forever and just take it slowly and easy on moddin it....dont do it all at once have fun man!:)

maka_RTH
01-16-2003, 01:26 PM
mod it. even if you only do one thing every once in a while when you have money, i'd say it's worth it. it's all up to you and your vision of your car. (mines gonna be a civic eater, lol)

ACCORD EX
01-16-2003, 02:11 PM
yeah !!!

MIKE

88 Accord DX
01-16-2003, 06:18 PM
okay you guys convinced me. exhaust is next.

DigitaLuminescence
01-16-2003, 10:47 PM
Yeah, definitely mod the car!

For a while I thought that there would be no use in modding my LX (because it was a carb, HAH :lol, as if it made a difference), but then I realized that there was so much potential for it. A modded 3gen isn't something your going to come across every day, and that's what I like about my Accy. And there is SO much that you can custom modify, mostly visual mods, but some engine mods too especially if you have a carb. There's a certain amount of pride when you do your own work, and stand back at the finished product, nodding to yourself with a job well done.

It's good to stand out from all those Civics, Integras, Eclipses, etc. :)

HondaLuxury
01-17-2003, 01:36 AM
Modding is the best. i liked my car so much after i did it. I put rims and an exhaust on it, its awesome. just be sure that you use some degree of style. so don't put accord type r badges all over it, and paint the car half purple and half yellow. i

87accordlxph
02-22-2003, 11:31 AM
I'd say make it different from stock! Make it look super nice so when ppl come up to you and ask you,"What year is that ride or what is it?" you tell them and they'd be like, Holy geez that's a third gen? That's what my concept is right now.
I've got some good comments on my ride and it makes me feel real good, so I try to make it better than the stock 3rd gens.

-Mike