PDA

View Full Version : MAke the headlights come half way up and.......

c20v6turbo3rdgen
01-16-2003, 12:47 PM
Is it possible to have the lights come half way up and then have the small lights that are on the firebird that are half of ours tall wise...still the same length but smaller from top to bottom...Ihave dreamed of that so many times

Versanick
01-16-2003, 05:16 PM
It's called the sleeper look, and my friend is going to get some $450 kit to restrict where the motor moves and change the headlight angle to make the headlights open about half way up and shine normally... looks really cool.

However, I have no idea if anyone has ever done this with the 3g... and I imagine that it's possible but I've obviously never seen it. I've looked and asked around for kits or people who would know, but noone does. One guy suggested that I somehow restrict the range of motion of where the opened position is but I have no idea how to do that (along with angling the headlights upward to adjust)...

I think that would be incredibly cool, does anyone know how to do this??!

Scotts88WhiteLX-i
01-16-2003, 05:29 PM
the sleepy eye effect looks something like this........
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2400445455&category=33710

Scotts88WhiteLX-i
01-19-2003, 10:43 PM
i wonder if this kit will fit our cars......think it would work.....my guess is probably not an if it did it might look funny

c20v6turbo3rdgen
01-22-2003, 03:11 PM
I was at the shop that I work at and I thought what it would look like if I had orange lights in my front parking lights (Near the Headlights) they are white stock and not i put a orange bulb in them and they look pretty good now... I have yet to see them in the drak but now I am waiting to get out of school while the teacher stands besides me and reads my book...

DBMaster
01-23-2003, 07:28 AM
I think this look will be a lot tougher with our cars as the headlights face down when in the closed position and ROTATE up. If the doors are only partially open the lights will still be facing mostly downward.

Versanick
01-23-2003, 10:55 AM
For the sleepy eye mod, you re-angle where your headlights sit in the housing that moves up and down. This way, when the motor only opens the headlight housings half way, your headlight is angled forward/down like normal, not like straight down like it would if you just installed the mod WITHOUT re-angling your headlight

DigitaLuminescence
01-23-2003, 08:09 PM
Didn't I post something like this two weeks ago? Oh well...

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11725

I tried to produce a picture of what it would look like, but it only confused people. Perhaps I should just do a photochopping of my car with the headlights up. I've also seen a universal restrictor, but the link to the site was broken and I've yet to find anything new.

What I was thinking wasn't like the sleepy eye mod (which only positions the light about 1/5 or less of the way up and still using the same lense setup, and doesn't look all that great. I was thinking of getting a half-size (rectangular) lense and custom fitting it so that the lense faces straight when originally it would slant downwards. Either that or two circular lenses (probably wouldn't work as well).

Comments or further thoughts?

(It's nice to know that some of us are thinking the same way about this headlight thing. Good luck, if your thinking of doing this mod.)