PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh, trunk space.

pearldrop
01-16-2003, 01:39 PM
Don't you wish you had this much room? :P
http://www.geocities.com/caddy20s/wagoncargo.txt
This is the last time you will see this car like this. It is going to the body shop tomorrow to get almost completely shaved. I'm leaving the front door handles for now because my door popper kit hasn't come yet but otherwise it is going to be pretty damn smooth.

P.S. I love my new camera (if you can't tell)

Mike's89AccordLX
01-16-2003, 01:46 PM
sounds like it will be pretty sweet.

guaynabo89
01-16-2003, 02:45 PM
Homer: Got any of that beer that has candy floating in it? You know, Skittlebrau?
Apu: Such a beer does not exist, sir. I think you must have dreamed it.
Homer: Oh. Well, then just give me a six-pack and a couple of bags of Skittles.

:lol

Car looks good by the way. I was originally looking for a wagon but, settled for a 91 ex sedan.

iloveJDMblackrims69
01-16-2003, 03:01 PM
thats gonna be a tight ass car, you re-painting it a different color??? and that dashboard looks like a 98 integras for some reason

pearldrop
01-16-2003, 03:15 PM
I'm not sure on color yet. I am just going to roll primer for a while. I will decide while its in the body shop whether I want it to be white primer or tan primer. I don't want this car to stand out like the prelude did.
So far I am thinking about painting it a super bright red. But, because this is going to be the daily driver and the 'lude is the show car I don't want to worry about painting all the jambs and under the hood so I may just paint it a similar color to stock.

Mike's89AccordLX
01-16-2003, 03:19 PM
yeah I have to paint mine the same color that the car is b/c my dad doesn't want to do all the jams and engine compartment.

RobT5580
01-16-2003, 03:57 PM
How much does your shop charge you for a complete job like on the prelude and your accord? I wish i had that kinda of trunk space.

pearldrop
01-16-2003, 04:37 PM
I'm not exactly sure how much they would charge for just the paint job. We have $2800 into the bodywork on the Prelude and we have $1600 left for just the paint job and we are supplying our own paint which cost us $500.
So the paint job is $1600 but that is after the car is all prepped and ready for paint. All that is left is for it to be blocked and sprayed.
I won't go that expensive for the wagon. We have to have an immaculate paint job to compete on the show scene so the Prelude gets it. I just want the Accord to look good on the road and at the occasional small show.

rare_89lxi_coupe
01-16-2003, 06:29 PM
I'm impressed. I wish I had money. And if I ever get it, I hope I'm smart enough to do something this productive with it (I have a tendancy to do small things that look borderline ricey, I'm ashamed to say...) I'm out a k and 2 bucks cause I had a wreck.. eek.

pearldrop
01-16-2003, 06:32 PM
I don't have a lot of money. I just don't waste it on the small stuff. You'd be amazed how much you can do to a car if you don't waste it on a ton of little stuff.
I do a lot of work on my cars myself. That always saves money.
I won't do paintjobs myself though. They are the one thing that everybody sees and it doesn't matter what the rest of the car is like if the paint looks like crap.

iloveJDMblackrims69
01-16-2003, 06:44 PM
yea, i would be scared to do pintjobs myself...id probably do many run

RobT5580
01-16-2003, 09:15 PM
Pearldrop, i take it you fixed the tail lights what was wrong?

Im hoping around $2000 for my paint job but i know its gonna be more cause color change, xenon kit, minor shaving, and engine bay. But im gonna strip the car for them so they can get right to work instead of removing door panels and lenses. Good body work doesnt come cheap but its well worth it especially for show its a must.

Neuspeed87lx
01-16-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by pearldrop
I just don't waste it on the small stuff. You'd be amazed how much you can do to a car if you don't waste it on a ton of little stuff.

that is so true

Chubs87Accord
01-16-2003, 09:38 PM
i think whenever i get my next car painted.. im not gonna have them do the engine bay.. cause its not gonna be show and im not gonna be showing off a stock engine, lol... but the door jams i want done.. cause when people get in and out of teh car they will notice it and that would suck...

iloveJDMblackrims69
01-17-2003, 07:30 AM
yea, im with you chubs.....i hate it when people paint their cars a different color and not gettin the door jams painted...thats lame but F*** the engine bay unless you have a nice suprise but i would just do it black neways most of the time so if you have a black car and want a diff color your lucky on your engine bay..itll match