PDA

View Full Version : uneven ride height?

FlySquid
05-22-2002, 07:50 PM
Hey guys,

i notice that the front tire gap (space btw tire and the tire wall) is a little different from driver side to passenger side. About 1/2 ~ 3/4 or so inch difference; passenger gap being larger..

I would've imagine when i sit in the driver seat, it would futher lower the driver side.

is that normal? would shock replace cure it? how much does it cost (labor) to replace shocks.. front 2 or all 4..

pls help.. thanks

89 SEi with 130k miles

ACCORD EX
05-22-2002, 09:36 PM
that happens to me too ! some times they are even ! other times one is higher ! :rolleyes:

MIKE

RCracer
05-23-2002, 03:37 AM
Hi
I just replaced my shocks & springs with Konis and H&R's.
It never sat perfectly level always down a little on one side (by quarter of a inch)
Even after replacement of shocks/springs it still sits between quarter of a inch & eighth or a inch higher on one side.

OldSchoolSwap
05-23-2002, 09:31 AM
Gentlemen! Welcome to the High Performance World Of aftermarket COILOVERS! This will allow you to adjust each and every corner's hight, individually.

Look into it, this will resolve those issues.;)

pearldrop
05-23-2002, 10:38 AM
No car ever sits level. If you look at a stock car, it will be uneven too, just not as noticeable. Every time you park the car it will be a little bit different to. It depends on the last set of bumps or angle that you drove over before you parked it. If it is less than an inch difference don't even worry about it. Nobody will notice but you, and if they do, then go take a look at their car and shut them up.

RCracer
05-23-2002, 10:45 AM
Hey O.S.S. hows the search going for the new car?
I was going to get some coiloversleves for my car but could not find any where the spring did not dislocate when the car is jacked up for MOT (road safety check in the UK) so that option was out for me as it is a instant MOT falure if the springs dislocate. Anyway it took me 4 sets of springs before I got some to fit as I wanted.:smokin:
Im not to bothered about a differance of between a eigth and a qurter of a inch anyway.:)

OldSchoolSwap
05-23-2002, 11:31 AM
Pearl does have a point, however if they don't allow coilovers in your town, then your pretty much screwed! :(

Jims 86LXI HB
05-23-2002, 12:02 PM
Gee you guys made me run out to my car! (how darn you make me get off my lazy butt:D :rolleyes: ) I've never ever notied any difference, and after measuring,...1/8" who cares Spend $329 for coilovers for that,...um no. Ground controls are the only one's I'd touch.:D