PDA

View Full Version : 86 Cruise Control

curt5446
01-05-2016, 02:02 PM
Previous owner of my car decided an eBay steering wheel would be a nice replacement and decided to delete the cruise control. I bought a new steering wheel and have been able to get the cruise lights on the button and cluster to light up but am confused on how the cable connects to the throttle body.

Any chance someone can post a pic of their throttle body with the cable connected to it? I've put 5k miles on the car since early December and I don't think I can do another trip without cruise control.

MessyHonda
01-05-2016, 09:31 PM
download the service manual. its been so long since i deleted my cruise control. From what i remember the cruise control module is connected inside to the gas pedal.

curt5446
01-06-2016, 12:27 PM
Yeah.......I just need to know how it connects to the throttle body. Everything else is good. Unfortunately, there's no picture of how the cable connects to the throttle body in the manual so, I guess I'll just wait for someone who still has their cruise control to post a pic of their setup.

MessyHonda
01-06-2016, 08:05 PM
like I said before the cruise control cable is connected inside the cabin thru the gas pedal. Our car only use one throttle cable if its a manual. The automatics have a kick down cable to the trans when you floor it.

curt5446
01-07-2016, 05:00 AM
There's a third cable (besides throttle and clutch) that comes through the fire wall. Just did a quick test and when pulled, it actuates the throttle. The part needed is the vacuum bellows or motor that the cruise control cable connects to under the hood. Judging by the area it sat in I'd wager the cruise control motor was near the drivers side engine mount.

Now I just gotta find one.

Oldblueaccord
01-08-2016, 09:44 AM
Google some A20 motor pics it will make more sense.

The second cable pulls on the actually gas pedal to move the throttle. its mounted up high on the pedal assemble when you stick your head under there you will see it.

Dr_Snooz
01-15-2016, 04:26 PM
The bellows assembly sits on a frame above the driver's mount. There are a number of good pics in this thread: http://www.3geez.com/forum/how/81406-install-inline-ps-filter.html