PDA

View Full Version : Repairing rear window defrost

mikeharriswho
01-06-2016, 10:48 AM
Any idea on getting the rear window defrost working again? 89 Accord LXi

gp02a0083
01-06-2016, 11:27 AM
a bit more information would help, does it not completely work? Is is partially working ( some defrost lines works others don't )

Here are a few quick things to try

1. Check the under hood fuse box, fuse #23 is a 30A fuse and also check fuse #5 10A at the fuse panel behind the coin tray replace if needed and/or pull and replace

2. The defogger relay could be bad ( located on the dash fuse panel )

3. Typically with older cars equipped with defrost, the traces/lines on the rear window have worn/flaked away and leaven an open circuit causing some lines to work and others not to work. Using a multi meter probe at each end of the trace to test for resistance and/or continuity.

if you can find the online electrical trouble shooting manual the defrost section is pages 184-186. any other info you can give will help

mikeharriswho
01-08-2016, 08:32 AM
The defroster is not working at all. Im also not getting any lights on my dash as far as the climate control so Im not sure that is working either. I will check out the fuses and see if that resolves the issue. Thanks!

Dr_Snooz
01-15-2016, 04:31 PM
If it isn't working at all, you'll need to grab your voltmeter and trace the line. Start at the beginning of the circuit and test for voltage. When you find the place where the voltage drops out, you'll have found your problem.

mikeharriswho
01-15-2016, 11:39 PM
Fuse fixed it! Now to get this ugly tint off

nastytee
01-26-2016, 03:11 AM
I am glad to hear that you already fixed it.