PDA

View Full Version : errr wireing problem

trikonx
01-17-2003, 08:52 PM
ok i was driving the other day and my stereo began to crackle when i would like hit a bump or accelerate fast or pot hole or something then i fiddled with it :stick: and it died figures :rolleyes: so i test the harness and there was 4.6 volts coming out of the constant wire i figured that was the problem because it wouldn't work so i ran a new one straight from the battery and it worked for about a day then it starts doing it again i tested every wire in the harness and as far as i can tell its some connection father up or something does anybody know where these wires go so i can figure out where the bad connection/short i drive 400+ miles a week and cannot go with out a radio i almost went crazy driving home tonight :crying: :crying: :crying:

dXsquared
01-17-2003, 08:55 PM
ground wire my friend

Travis

trikonx
01-17-2003, 08:56 PM
lol what about it

edit: should i run a new one?

87DXHatch
01-18-2003, 10:39 AM
It wouldn't hurt... something to try...

It could be the radio itself too, but probably wiring problem...

Perfect excuse to buy a CD player :D

catalin
01-19-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by trikonx
ok i was driving the other day and my stereo began to crackle when i would like hit a bump or accelerate fast or pot hole or something then i fiddled with it :stick: and it died figures :rolleyes: so i test the harness and there was 4.6 volts coming out of the constant wire i figured that was the problem because it wouldn't work so i ran a new one straight from the battery and it worked for about a day then it starts doing it again i tested every wire in the harness and as far as i can tell its some connection father up or something does anybody know where these wires go so i can figure out where the bad connection/short i drive 400+ miles a week and cannot go with out a radio i almost went crazy driving home tonight :crying: :crying: :crying:

How did you measure the voltage?? With a meter i presume, and did you ground the meter to the factory harness or a chassis ground??

86hatchbackLXi
02-13-2003, 10:21 PM
sounds like the ground, re-check all connections and try again