PDA

View Full Version : ES 1.8L Dual Sidedraft

the_anti_rice
01-18-2003, 01:17 AM
I just got an 86 prelude in fair shape that has the 1.8L dual carbs and it is annoying the piss outta me with tuning and figuring out my problems... Is the es engine the same as the a20a? If so then I can use my axels and drop in a b20ak-US quite easily?

EI) All I need is the engine, tranny, ecu....

? Thanks

carotman
01-18-2003, 06:00 AM
The ES shares the mounts with the A20A, you could drop an A20A if you want.

As for the USDM B20AX, RTFM

88LXi68
01-18-2003, 07:22 AM
I have a Dual Carb TWM set up made for the 1.8L Prelude with manifold. I will sell the whole set up for $450. The manifold and carbs alone are worth this.

let me know. this would be the best and cheapest alternative.

http://images.cardomain.com/installs/212000-212999/212984_117_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/installs/212000-212999/212984_118_full.jpg

the_anti_rice
01-18-2003, 09:42 AM
450 USD? And I am thinking a20a becuase I aint looking for power in this car really thats what I have my v8 rx7 conversion for :)... What is invovled in dropping in the a20a? Is that a different tranny and axels???

88LXi68
01-18-2003, 09:48 AM
450 USD Shipped i think is fair. You figure a used A20A3 can be found for like $300, but since you are caburated you will still have a crappy stock carb. Hey its up to you. I just thought this might be a better alternative.

PhydeauX
01-18-2003, 05:33 PM
You're going to have some fun putting a b20a (jdm from a second gen prelude or 3rd gen accord, read about that in the faq) in there. The motor and trans will bolt in but you're going to need to get some 2.0Si axles and hubs. Putting an a20a1 motor in there is easy enough. It will bolt in useing your mounts and trans. The fun part is settin up the carb. I guess you could try eliminating all the vacuum crap, but you could try that on the carbs you have now. You could try looking on ebay for a used set of cv carbs with out all the emissions crap, I think some of the old mgs and a few volvos used them. The sidedraft setup is nice. But they are performance carbs an will have all the quirks you should associate with any high performance carb. No chokes, don't like the cold, the idle needs to be retweaked when the weather changes, etc.

andy

Tim Yoak
01-25-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by PhydeauX
You're going to have some fun putting a b20a (jdm from a second gen prelude or 3rd gen accord, read about that in the faq) in there. The motor and trans will bolt in but you're going to need to get some 2.0Si axles and hubs. Putting an a20a1 motor in there is easy enough. It will bolt in useing your mounts and trans. The fun part is settin up the carb. I guess you could try eliminating all the vacuum crap, but you could try that on the carbs you have now. You could try looking on ebay for a used set of cv carbs with out all the emissions crap, I think some of the old mgs and a few volvos used them. The sidedraft setup is nice. But they are performance carbs an will have all the quirks you should associate with any high performance carb. No chokes, don't like the cold, the idle needs to be retweaked when the weather changes, etc.

andy But thats all the fun!!!!