PDA

View Full Version : brake trouble

3genaccord
05-22-2002, 11:17 PM
well, I was just driving my ccar and when I hit the brakes, there was a clunk noise and something on the passenger side brakes is scraping the rotor. no, the barakes are not bad, i checked them recently. the more I drove the car the worst it got, luckily it was 2:00AM and there were no cars on the road, so I drove home slowly using hand brakes to stop at lights. Its to late now and I'm tired so i'll check it in the morning. Does anyone know what this problem could be?:mad: :rant: :wtf:............................. :smokin: (what astressful day)

ACCORD EX
05-23-2002, 04:14 AM
is there any brake fluid in the master cylinder any leaks !??

MIKE

OldSchoolSwap
05-23-2002, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by 3genaccord
well, I was just driving my ccar and when I hit the brakes, there was a clunk noise and something on the passenger side brakes is scraping the rotor. no, the barakes are not bad, i checked them recently. the more I drove the car the worst it got, luckily it was 2:00AM and there were no cars on the road, so I drove home slowly using hand brakes to stop at lights. Its to late now and I'm tired so i'll check it in the morning. Does anyone know what this problem could be?:mad: :rant: :wtf:............................. :smokin: (what astressful day)

A "clunk" could be:

-Incorect brake pads
-incorectly installed
-bracket loose
-caliper not bolted down properly

Squeeks & Scraping sounds:

-Rotor's heat shield hitting the rotor due to bending of the shield
-Brake pad worn down to rotor
-New pads that need the "blue" compound

Can't think of anything else.....
:rolleyes:

Hope this helps!