PDA

View Full Version : Calling all 3geez members, HELP A BROTHA OUT!

charliekuney
01-29-2016, 05:05 PM
Hey, it's Charles. Long time, no see. Enough small talk: I sold my last two Accords to two of my friends, both* of whom are happily enjoying the reliability and economy. But just the other day, my neighbor who bought my last coupe, had something happen that I have been unable to diagnose.

The rear passenger wheel/tire wobbles. I took the wheel off and looked around and couldn't immediately see any broken or out-of-place parts, and I couldn't tell if the hub was loose or out of place but I honestly wouldn't know, hence why I'm here now.

If ANYONE could give me any insight on the matter, I would appreciate it, and I'm sure my neighbor would, too!

Regards,
Charles

5 Speed Speeder
01-29-2016, 07:16 PM
Did he spin out and ram into a curb? That's happened to me before and it busted one of my control arm bushings. i replaced that and it still wobbled so i replaced the rim and the wobbling stopped.

charliekuney
02-01-2016, 02:38 PM
No, but they have been driving around on studded snow tires on dry (cold) pavement. I told them the "snow tires work better in conditions under 45 degrees" only applies to studless snow tires...

charliekuney
02-04-2016, 02:59 PM
Damn, people really pick and choose who they help on here nowadays, don't they?

Hauntd ca3
02-04-2016, 03:42 PM
Driving snow tires when it isn't cold enough could have caused delamination inside the tire carcass.

Dr_Snooz
02-04-2016, 06:00 PM
I'd replace those UCAs just for safety's sake.

MessyHonda
02-06-2016, 12:01 AM
check the ball joints and yes replace the rear upper its known to go out with out warning. at least you have a warning. at rockauto they are around 17 dollars a side.

charliekuney
02-23-2016, 09:56 AM
Ball joint was on the verge of snapping. They replaced both sides and both wheel bearings and everything is kosher. Thanks guys!