PDA

View Full Version : 88 Accord need possible new engin.

dncnwdsea
01-18-2003, 10:49 PM
Sup yall.
I got a 88 accord lx auto tranny, free from my aunt and it seems that the engin she put into it 2 years ago was a krat engin and she got no info on it after they put it in to it and on top fo that its not an honda engin.

Question, you guyes now of a place were Ican get a honda engein for a 88accord lx carberated besides the dealer ship or it it posible for me to do an up grad on it i am looking to give ths accord more power in the engin besides putting a new DC 4-2-1 header in it.
any help would be welcomed.
Brandon
VA, USA
:super:

A20A1
01-18-2003, 11:11 PM
kart or crate?

anyways
that don't make sense... they would have to make custom motor mounts if the motor isn't a honda motor... that means if you are going to stick in a stock honda motor you will have to redo all the mounts.

markmdz89hatch
01-19-2003, 01:45 AM
got any pics of this "mystery engine"?

I'm curious to see just what was stuffed back in this engine bay for ya.

Mike's89AccordLX
01-19-2003, 01:47 AM
That's kinda weird. I would get a B18 or an H22

dncnwdsea
01-19-2003, 08:36 AM
well all i was told when i got the car from her was that the engin was a crate and that is was not a honda engin but that it fit with the same mounts and everything. but if that is the cass im willing to pay for the mounts. as far as the pics. im working on that now. and is it possible for me to even stik a b18 engin in it remeber the car runs off of a carb engin or is there a way from me to revert it over to fule injected.

Brandon M.

A20A1
01-19-2003, 10:23 AM
you need to change the fuel lines and the fuel pump and i think the fuel tank as well.

then you need the ecu and wires
axles, tranny, shift cable or some hydrolic clitch conversion if the engine you get uses that instead.

i dunno there is a lot of work involed in putting anything but the a20 and the jdm b20 in.

I think there is mounts you can buy from place racing that let you stick in a b16