PDA

View Full Version : "Member Conduct"

87AccordsterLx
01-18-2003, 11:46 PM
Marc you forgot one part in the conduct. That you reserve the right to amend or eradicate the rules/conduct at any time.

87accordlxi
01-19-2003, 12:00 AM
new member registering also see this, i believe ;) it also applies to all existing members as well, since the previous agreement also had a clause that stated we could change it at any time

*edit*..for the most part, we'll be going by these terms. marc is still free to change what he wants before actually putting it in place*

Acceptance of Terms

Service is provided to you subject to the following Terms which may be updated from time to time without notice to you. These Terms may be amended to through messages posted on 3geez by any member of the Administration.

Disclaimer

All messages are for entertainment purposes only and reflect the views of the author. Once posted, all forum messages, private messages and any other content become properties of 3geez. You release 3geez from any future claims of any kind whatsoever including, but not limited to, addiction, loss of productivity or employment. 3geez cannot be held responsible for the content of the actions of its members. Items sold or bought in 3geez are sold as is and no warranty or insurance of any kind is provided. 3geez cannot be held responsible for the outcome of any transactions and no warranty of any kind is provided, either expressed or implied. 3geez meets and other activities arranged by members or third parties are not endorsed by 3geez and no guarantee or warranty of any kind is made or implied; attend or participate at your own risk. Vehicle modifications and repairs aided by 3geez members, whether in person or through message board communication, are to be made at your own risk and 3geez cannot be held responsible for the result of such modifications.

Monitoring

3geez has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the content of this site to determine compliance with Terms and any operating rules established by 3geez and to satisfy any law, regulation or authorized government request. The Administration reserves the right to remove your signature and/or avatar for any reason. The Administration and other authorized users of 3geez have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason and to reveal your identity and other known information in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you. The Administration reserves the right to alter your membership and require your posts to be approved by a moderator before being published on the board.

Termination

Either 3geez or you may terminate these Terms at any time. Without limiting the foregoing, 3geez has the right to immediately terminate your Account in the event of any conduct by you which 3geez, in its sole discretion, considers to be unacceptable, or in the event of any breach of these Terms. 3geez reserves the right to refuse service and/or terminate your membership at any time without giving any prior notice or any reasons.

socal3rdgen
01-19-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by 87accordlxi
You release 3geez from any future claims of any kind whatsoever including, but not limited to, addiction, loss of productivity or employment.

:lol thats a good one to have in there.

87AccordsterLx
01-19-2003, 12:07 AM
:D Thats good that you have to agree to those terms but what about the current members? Is there a way to get the current users to accept these terms as well?

doug
01-19-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by 87accordlxi
Once posted, all forum messages, private messages and any other content become properties of 3geez.

this is the one I like.

MrBen
01-20-2003, 12:00 AM
haha, I know. Whoops. That's the property of 3geez now. Whoops, that is too. Oh fiddlesticks..

Vanilla Sky
01-21-2003, 06:41 PM
empty

89AccordNate
01-21-2003, 06:53 PM
This board is getting so gay, making up big laws and terms that we have to follow. Using big terminology like we are about to sign our life away..

Its a fucking 3geez message board for cars, not some life history or life long lesson of how we are supposed to act. You will turn more people away from dumb shit like this then us being a little out of control.

Are we 12? Whats next..do we have to sign on the dotted line to join 3geez?

Man, get a damn life.......the internet isnt life.

Nate.

Vanilla Sky
01-21-2003, 06:53 PM
empty

marc49
01-21-2003, 07:19 PM
we have to dot every "i" and cross every "T" so when we boot someone off the board we can point to our rules. Our rules are no different than most any other board, in fact they are more lenient than most boards.

But we are posting them and making them public because some users have gotten out of hand and need to be put back in place or get banned

Neuspeed87lx
01-21-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by 89AccordNate

Are we 12? Whats next..do we have to sign on the dotted line to join 3geez?

Nate.

no but there are people that act like it ...

Vanilla Sky
01-21-2003, 07:37 PM
empty

Vanilla Sky
01-21-2003, 07:41 PM
empty

Vanilla Sky
01-21-2003, 07:47 PM
empty

Vanilla Sky
01-21-2003, 07:55 PM
empty

Vanilla Sky
01-21-2003, 07:55 PM
empty

Neuspeed87lx
01-21-2003, 08:15 PM
are we 12?

Originally posted by Neuspeed87lx
no but there are people that act like it ...

see?

Vanilla Sky
01-21-2003, 08:28 PM
empty

Vanilla Sky
01-21-2003, 08:29 PM
empty

Neuspeed87lx
01-21-2003, 08:36 PM
empty

maka_RTH
01-21-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Neuspeed87lx
well i dont know what happened with you and marc ... but i hate to tell you marc and do what he wants here ...... seriously it sounds like your 5 years old ...
yes. quit whining. it shouldn't really affect you unless you are a post whore or something. and, the first time i saw marc's sig like that, i cracked up laughing, it's cool! lol

Vanilla Sky
01-21-2003, 08:48 PM
empty

Neuspeed87lx
01-21-2003, 08:51 PM
empty

maka_RTH
well, i don't know what was in your sig..., but marc's sig is funny, i like it.

amalgumjoe
"3geez has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the content of this site to determine compliance with Terms and any operating rules established by 3geez and to satisfy any law, regulation or authorized government request. "

To me that says that we can go on posting what we have been. Marc's just covering his ass so that he doesn't get sued or something because of something stupid someone posts. All the royalty of 3GEEZ has ever asked of us, that I've seen, is to be grown up about things.

Vanilla Sky
01-21-2003, 08:52 PM
empty

maka_RTH
01-21-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by amalgumjoe
"3geez has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the content of this site to determine compliance with Terms and any operating rules established by 3geez and to satisfy any law, regulation or authorized government request. "

To me that says that we can go on posting what we have been. Marc's just covering his ass so that he doesn't get sued or something because of something stupid someone posts. All the royalty of 3GEEZ has ever asked of us, that I've seen, is to be grown up about things.
very well stated.

marc49
01-21-2003, 09:21 PM
First off, DON'T POST A BILLION TIMES, time when one post will do. you see there is this little "edit" button above "post reply" I know post reply is bigger so it must have more power, but edit works just the same way when you want to add points to a post :rolleyes:

Second, I didn't tell you to remove your signature because it was offensive. I didn't tell you to remove it period. I didn't get a chance to see the signature to make my own opinion of it.
But saying that, I trust the judgement of all the moderators.. If you think it shouldn't have been removed, PM me the contents of your signature and I will make my own decision. That doesn't mean I will allow, but I will look at it for myself.

Sean
01-21-2003, 09:44 PM
i asked him to remove his signature nicely.

i should have kep the transcript of the AIM conversation.

his signature read

lesbian+dinosuar=lickalotapuss.

i think thats offensive.

Jims 86LXI HB
01-21-2003, 10:04 PM
I just can't believe I'm seeing people arguing in a thread called, "member conduct" Sad, really sad:werd:

87AccordsterLx
01-22-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Jims 86LXI HB
I just can't believe I'm seeing people arguing in a thread called, "member conduct" Sad, really sad:werd:

THANK YOU JIM!!!!! I was trying to help out not create a thread for you all to whine in. Suck it up. It's just a car forum its not your freakin future here ok. You can stop posting as easly as you started... no strings attached. If you dont like this board then FIND ANTOHTER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No one cares!!!!! Im so sick of everyone whineing!!!! Has anyone noticed that the only people staying cool about this is the Mods/Admins and the orgininal 3geez members... (except Nate...) Marc hasnt lost his cool yet even with you all complaining. Which tells you all that its not the moderators its YOU! So go cry about it cus its just the biggest deal in the world right! GET OVER IT!

:werd:

Vanilla Sky
01-22-2003, 07:06 PM
i have edited all of my posts that were uncalled for... i IMed marc with the reaso and an apology... i will copy and past that into here for all to see

Livininstereo: hey man
Livininstereo: sorry about all that shit
Livininstereo: something had me pissed off (i forget what...) and i just kept ranting
Livininstereo: come to think about it, it was one of the moderators that i talk to on a regular basis that keeps tellin my to stop takin the drugs i am prescribed to keep sane
Livininstereo: i guess that's why i just ranted on the board
Livininstereo: i am off to edit all my posts made in that one thread

there it is... take it or leave it... i am sorry...

maka_RTH
01-22-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Vanilla Sky
i have edited all of my posts that were uncalled for... i IMed marc with the reaso and an apology... i will copy and past that into here for all to see

Livininstereo: hey man
Livininstereo: sorry about all that shit
Livininstereo: something had me pissed off (i forget what...) and i just kept ranting
Livininstereo: come to think about it, it was one of the moderators that i talk to on a regular basis that keeps tellin my to stop takin the drugs i am prescribed to keep sane
Livininstereo: i guess that's why i just ranted on the board
Livininstereo: i am off to edit all my posts made in that one thread

there it is... take it or leave it... i am sorry...
that's cool, some people are too prideful to even appologize. at least you did. way to go! :super:

Neuspeed87lx
01-22-2003, 07:12 PM
yes im sure marc will appreciate that ... its cool what you did dude

Jims 86LXI HB
01-22-2003, 11:07 PM
come to think about it, it was one of the moderators that i talk to on a regular basis that keeps tellin my to stop takin the drugs i am prescribed to keep sane

SAY WHAT!:huh: Unless your chatting with someone that has his own office and has a DR at the beginning of his name, do not ever do that again.

Don't listen to anyone but your doctor and theripist(ms).

Vanilla Sky
01-22-2003, 11:15 PM
nah, i am still takin the meds... it's just this person keeps telling me there is nothing wrong with me... i had a judge tell me that... i got halfway through schematics for a car bomb before i gor put in the fuckin hospital (yes, too much info, but i needed to clear that up)

edit: yes, a doc perscribed the meds...
to anybody that didn't read what was said above, what jim posted is the reason i got pissed and ranted on the board last night

Jims 86LXI HB
01-22-2003, 11:34 PM

to anybody that didn't read what was said above, what jim posted is the reason i got pissed and ranted on the board last night

:huh: Jim, jim who? I wasn't the reason behind all your post's, you did all that without I posted a thing, I posted a general comment after you were done.

87AccordsterLx
01-23-2003, 08:55 AM
He's a little confused Jim... I say we just let him be... :)

Vanilla Sky
01-23-2003, 06:22 PM
come to think about it, it was one of the moderators that i talk to on a regular basis that keeps tellin my to stop takin the drugs i am prescribed to keep sane

that's what i meant by "what jim posted"... i didn't me that jim was the one that had me pissed... it was someone else

so don't worry jim... i won't come after you with a shotgun or anything:tongue:

johndej
01-23-2003, 06:43 PM
dude we arn't having any patch adems things here are we? oh well, i think the rules are a good thing, but stuff should be debt w/ on a case to case basis anyway. and should banning be warented, banning should be done.

89AccordLXI666
03-31-2003, 06:31 AM
We have already established the banning part..... Anyone who doesn't comply with the rules after being told several times will or could be banned.... Hey we have to set guidelines here in order to make this board useful... I mean we won't get anywhere if all were doing is arguing and fighting all the time, if that where the case without rules.... C'mon this is a a great site, which I consider to be my home, as well as other 3geez enthusiastics out there too, and I love this board... face it guy's without this board some of us would be lost, if not all would be lost.... can you honestly tell me there is alot of 3gee sites out there?? No I don't think so.. I mean this is by far the only site that I know of that represents The 3rd generation Honda Accords and were pretty damn lucky to have 3geez around... It's also a great way to have meets and share interests and Idea's about our cars... and like mentioned above, if ya don't like the rules, then maybe 3geez.com isn't for you.... Well I think it is well said now, I think most will agree with this one..... Thanks for listening from my point of view... Lataz