PDA

View Full Version : Removing Crank Pulley Bolt

Griff
02-08-2016, 07:34 PM
I am having some issues removing the crank pulley bolt. On the bolt I have a socket attached to a few extensions leading to a 3/8th in drive ratchet that is attached to the handle of a floor jack. The engine is being held in place with a screwdriver but I still can't loosen the bolt; I just keep breaking 3/8th in drive extensions! Any suggestions on loosening the bolt? I am going to try to find somewhere that I can rent an electric impact wrench at and if that fails I will try this: http://www.3geez.com/forum/3geez-accords/31007-crank-bolt-easy-way-manual-trans.html?highlight=crank+bolt

Thanks!

87rustbucket
02-08-2016, 07:53 PM
Be sure to spray pleny of some sort of penetrating oil (I used wd40) and let it sit. I removed the plastic mud guard to get better access and used a breaker bar and pushed on it with my foot. Maybe I got lucky but mine was fairly easy once I let it sit with the wd40.

Griff
02-08-2016, 08:28 PM
I will try that. I have some PB blaster in the garage.

Hauntd ca3
02-09-2016, 09:58 AM
Use 1/2 inch stuff for big , highly torqued retainers.
Of course you will break 3/8 stuff with a jack handle on the end of it..

If you want to get serious, go hire a 3/4 inch set and have a go with a jack handle

Griff
02-10-2016, 06:52 AM
Go the bolt off last night with a hammer, pb blaster, and a swivel breaker bar. Thanks for the input Rustbucket and Hauntd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk