PDA

View Full Version : Do DX's Have tilt wheel?

bradccool
01-19-2003, 01:42 PM
well......as u can tell from the subject........my question is..........do DX's have tilt wheel? cuzz mine has a handle there and I pull it out and push down..........and nothing happens....just plain out doesnt push down............and the wheel dont move!.... any help on fixing it or telling me what the deal is.....would be greatly appreciated!
OH YEA I JUST LEARNED HOW TO POST PICS! HEHE HERE IS MY 87DX
http://www.geocities.com/bradccool/macar/macarpic.jpg

ACCORD EX
01-19-2003, 02:00 PM
unfortunely you lerned how to post pics ! but it doesn't work ! :D
geocities doesn't allow remote linking , convert files to *.txt ! and then link to them !

MIKE

Mike's89AccordLX
01-19-2003, 02:03 PM
If there's a little lever by your left knee then you have a tilt wheel. That's about all I can say to give you a visual.

Elijah
01-19-2003, 02:09 PM
When you push the handle down you should beable to move ur wheel up&down.

bradccool
01-19-2003, 02:18 PM
the handle wont even push down I have gigled it and pulled up on the steering wheel........and pushed down on the steering wheel.............it makes me so mad!

Elijah
01-19-2003, 02:23 PM
I dont know what to tell you then but you do have tilt it just gives you problems.

Mike's89AccordLX
01-19-2003, 02:33 PM
You have to pull the handle towards you then push down then adjust the wheel and then pull back up and push back in. That's exactly how you do it.

bradccool
01-19-2003, 02:45 PM
well sounds like my tilt wheel is broke or somthing...cuzz it wont push down.............*the lever that is* it will pull out...........but it just wont go down.......I thought it was broke cuzz when a bought the car I even took the plastic peace off to look underneath the lever.....didnt see anything keeping it from going down..........but it really didnt look like it was suppost too. lol...........well.......thx for u guys help.....if anyone else has this problem let me know how ya fixed *if ya fixed it that is!* OH YEA...........now I can post pics....lol *hope this works*
http://members.cox.net/bradccool1/macarpic.jpg

Mike's89AccordLX
01-19-2003, 02:51 PM
What you want to try when it's pulled out is to shake the wheel up and down. Might just need some jiggling to get it loose

87accordHB
01-19-2003, 03:59 PM
well YES dx accords have tilt wheel :) you dont have to pull it out..your able to pull it out so it makes it easier to push down but push down on it and then try moving your whole steering colume down or up. But yes dx modles have tilt :)