PDA

View Full Version : Engine Light

k2000accord
01-19-2003, 06:44 PM
How do I temporarily turn off the Check Engine light on my 2000 accord EX V6?

AZmike
01-19-2003, 07:21 PM
Why do you want the check engine light off only temporarily? Do you know if the 6th generation Accord (yours) gives flash codes from the ECU under the driver's seat the same way it does on our 3rd gen models?

[editted for clarity]

accordboricua
01-19-2003, 07:25 PM
:stick: :huh:

k2000accord
01-20-2003, 05:47 AM
I have to turn the car back in this week (Leased) and an independent inspector comes to look at it. The Check engine light has just been an annoying problem and they can't seem to find out what is wrong with it. So, not to have the inspector ask more questions, I just as well reset the code lght and turn it in. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

ECU under the driver's seat - I really don't know what I am looking for..I saw this info about the ECU before and I tried to look for it. I am not exactly sure....Any pointers?

Thanks.

K

AccordEpicenter
01-20-2003, 09:13 AM
i believe you can get the codes from the check engine light in the gauge cluster, but there is a sequence of things you have to do to retrieve it, like turn the car on, turn the car off, wait ... im not sure... but i think you can get it from the cluster instead of looking for the computer