PDA

View Full Version : Question/noobie/intro

n8ge
02-21-2016, 07:26 PM
Hello all, my name is Nathan, I live in Nebraska. Today I bought my first Honda, I've owned mainly Volkswagens and BMWs before this. I found this 89 accord DX (a20a3?, whatever the carbed one is). Body wise its pretty decent , havent spotted any rust so far. But the guy lied about some things , its already over heating. So I will address that this week. But questions...
1. Is there/ what is the best instructional book out there for these cars?

2. What websites are best for parts out there? OE or better quality.

3. For the rear brakes, I'm assuming some models came with disk... Are those very difficult to swap over?

4. Swaps down the road... I would love to eventually get 250-300 whp for this car, what setups have people done before or any suggestions?

Thanks for the input!

2oodoor
02-22-2016, 05:35 PM
Welcome
Everything you asked about is written up here on the forum several times, I would suggest using the desktop version of the forum and search engine.
As for running hot there is no particular common failure areas that are different than standard things like thermostat, radiator fans and switches and coolant leaks. If the HG is damaged, common for iron block with aluminum heads..those are very reasonably easily repairable :)
Disc brake set ups are only on Sei models and are simple exchanges of rear trailing arms with all the hub hardware and getting the prop valve and e brake cable from the Sei donar car swaped over to the dx, lx, lxi models.
I personally use Rockauto for premium grade rplacement parts and have got most all my upgrade mods from others abandoned projects and part out sales here or found them at the junk yards.