PDA

View Full Version : How not to look dumb

AZmike
01-19-2003, 08:32 PM
I doubt I'm the only one to notice when people don't use the correct words in their posts. So if you don't want to sound dumb, use the correct word:

Their
It was their Accord.
They're=they are
They're happy about their Accord.
There
Their Accord is over there.

Your
Is that your Accord?
You're=you are
So you're going to buy an Accord?

Yes, a typo is a typo, but these words all mean something different. Most probably don't give a rat's ass, but I figured I'd post this since someone might and I'm bored.

88accordlxcarb
01-19-2003, 08:35 PM
Amen brother! Their just some peeeeps that just dosent not listen to us smmart dudes! Their weird...

(just screwing with you.. :flip: )

Jason

88 Accord DX
01-19-2003, 09:41 PM
oh okay.

well we need to go to they're house because their gonna leave soon and we still need to get you're car before the trip.

MrBen
01-20-2003, 12:12 AM
89LXi4dr "How not to look dumb" sounds dumb. "How to not look dumb" sounds semi smart, and "How to look smart" sounds a lot better.

carotman
01-20-2003, 05:23 AM
well we need to go to they're house because their gonna leave soon and we still need to get you're car before the trip.

ROFLMAO

markmdz89hatch
01-20-2003, 08:00 AM
:werd:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices that too.

Cobraman15
01-20-2003, 08:49 AM
pmg stop teh gramm0rz

Mike's89AccordLX
01-20-2003, 08:55 AM
I don't think grammar on here is a huge issue. Most people aren't out of highschool yet. So how could they possibly know everything. And when I want to find out some information really quick I'm not going to use great grammar. Just thought this was a kind of messed up thread.

mzabeefy
01-20-2003, 09:36 AM
true, but the stuff 89LXi4dr is talking about was supposed to be taught in what... 2nd grade? :D

Mike's89AccordLX
01-20-2003, 09:50 AM
The point I was making this isn't a grammar board. It's a 3GEEZ board. Who really cares if something is spelt wrong? We're here to hang out and talk about car stuff.

88 Accord DX
01-20-2003, 10:52 AM
mike is right. if i wanted 2 talk like thiz then i should B able 2

87accordlxi
01-20-2003, 11:49 AM
the one that irritates me the most is "lose" turning into "loose"

you dont need a high school diploma to know the difference

ACCORD EX
01-20-2003, 12:53 PM
i always write the > teh ! don't know why may be because i write too fast ! :D

MIKE

Mike's89AccordLX
01-20-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by 87accordlxi
the one that irritates me the most is "lose" turning into "loose"

you dont need a high school diploma to know the difference
Could just be a typo and they didn't catch it. Or some people have wireless keyboards and wireless mice. Like I do, and when the batteries get kind of low the keys get really sensitive and can type 2 letters when you want one. But, I know what you mean.

DiAbLo_ChIcK
03-07-2003, 05:52 PM
u dont have to be out of high school to know which word to use.
they're
their
there
*NOT HARD*
u dont know the difference?...

GO BACK TO SCHOOL!!!! :banghead:

Blue Impact
03-07-2003, 08:02 PM
Man, sounds like an English class in here. Nobody's perfect, you guys, so come on, give the poor bastards a break.

blazin3gen
03-07-2003, 08:25 PM
yea, hey impact notice this thing is old lol

87accordlxph
03-08-2003, 04:51 PM
Heh,

I don't think a lot of those on this board here don't really care about what ppl type (as long as they are being truthful ofcourse) and how well they type something that comes to mind. I do check what I type most of the time cause I know somebody would read my thread and would say to themself,"WTF, is this guy talking about?". As a matter of fact, this has happened to me lately, so the next time I read posts, I will answer the question or comment accordingly and to the best of my ability.

I was going to say something about this kind of thing, but I decided not to do so.
I know this "miscommunication" or lack of proper grammar and spelling is getting out of hand, but people aren't perfect, some are fortunate enough to even finish high school let alone complete post secondary ed.

Where I work, it's a very professional environment. People want to know what you want to tell them in detail both verbally and technically (writing e-mails). Don't assume that the person your talking to or e-mailing will automatically understand what you want to them to understand just to make your story short because it could get you into trouble after your conversation with that person and what your type in an e-mail.

So everyone, just be yourselves, you're not at work here, and not everyone has a technical background but try to be aware of what you say and how you compose your sentenses. This is a very good way to make yourselves a better communicator too.
Like what Eminem says in his song "Be Smart. Don't be a retart."
not that anybody on here is a retart or anything like that.

OK OK, I don't mean to preach, sorry to be so "nit picky" or being a smart ass but this is what I have to say about this thread.

Peace guys, wherever you all are!

Be the best you can be!

-Mike

89AccordLXI666
03-08-2003, 05:14 PM
I will have to agree with Mike's89AccordLX... Who gives a rats ass how we talk here unless it can be understood otherwise... so what if people misspell things, it's a keyboard. Of coarse people are going to make typo's cuz some of us type so damnin fast like me, and so what if people use slang terms in the board... This is a board to talk about the 3rd Generation Honda Accord not spelling or grammer classes...LOL No offence to anyone what so ever, who cares what I say, I'm just voicing my opinion and thats just my 2 cents on this topic... Lataz

cdscowboy
03-18-2003, 04:45 PM
87accordlxph-

sentenses => sentences
retart => retard :lol we're not talking about pastries here!! :)

No offense meant by any of that!! :D I too have noticed the lack of proper grammar here on the board, but I don't really care all that much. Usually if there's a problem or misunderstanding with what someone says, they ask and it's solved. No biggie. Although, some of the mistakes made are rather elementary, but hey, if nothing else, it provides humor for the rest of us!! :lol

It ain't no big deal (I know that wasn't proper grammar, by the way:D). If there's confusion, ask. Simple enough. :)

Grant2k
03-18-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Blue Impact
Nobody's perfect
i am.

Cougar_chick_99
03-18-2003, 06:34 PM
everyone makes a simple typo everyonce and awhile... leave them alone! As long as people know what you're talking about, you're good. This isn't a grammar class online is it!? nope!

cdscowboy
03-19-2003, 01:23 PM
I'm not conceited about myself, I just know that I'm perfect, along with Grant. ;) :D

TitaniumSun
03-19-2003, 02:02 PM

<------- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA thats just funy!!!