PDA

View Full Version : material for ur own intake at autozone

od2681
01-19-2003, 08:49 PM
hey guys just needed to ask you all a question...Im thinkin about makin my own intake and the material i need is pretty much at the neighourhood autozone...they got the intake pipes and the filter, but my question is that will it work...i mean will it give me the hp....its enuff to make a short air intake.........
can anyone tell me what other stuff i need to build me an intake.....I will really apreciate the help...im going to ask my dad to help me out with it so as to not fukin things up....I have a 1986 accord lxi and as i have siad before that the shop told me that it could not be done...however i have learned on this website that people have done this with a 92 civic intake....
so what kinda material do i need....My cars intake is weird cuzz the air goes into a box at the back and then a pipe comes from the box and goes into the throttle body or whatever....(the thing that says pgm fi)...
pls help a fellow 3gee driver out

Neuspeed87lx
01-19-2003, 09:07 PM
ok um all you need to buy is the intake pipe and a filter ... put the filter onto the pipe and tighten the clamp so the filter is on tight... then take all the stock intake piping out of the car and put the new intake on ...(connect it to the thing that says pgm-fi :)). you need to cut like 3-4 inches off the 92-95 civic intake so it fits onto your 3g you probally wount notice much of a difference in power but it will make your car sound nice

od2681
01-19-2003, 09:43 PM
so is it worth going through the trouble..,,
i mean you said that there wouldnt be a lot of hp difference....so why bother...im dont want to do it cuzz of hte sound...i just wanted to save some money you know

maka_RTH
01-19-2003, 09:44 PM
that's what i did. i got the autozone one with a K&N filter i ordered. cut off the lenght of the air filter. it's fun ;)

maka_RTH
01-19-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by od2681
so is it worth going through the trouble..,,
i mean you said that there wouldnt be a lot of hp difference....so why bother...im dont want to do it cuzz of hte sound...i just wanted to save some money you know
you could still get some slightly better gas mileage. maybe one or two horsies at the higher rpms. i just got this temporarily. i'm gonna make me that CAI come warmer weather in the spring/summer time, and that green stuff called money.., lol

od2681
01-19-2003, 09:50 PM
so ur saying that I get the piping they have and put the K&N filter on there...would the pipe fit any car.....

Scotts88WhiteLX-i
01-19-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by maka_RTH
you could still get some slightly better gas mileage. maybe one or two horsies at the higher rpms. i just got this temporarily. i'm gonna make me that CAI come warmer weather in the spring/summer time, and that green stuff called money.., lol
:huh: better gasmilage:huh: who told you that:confused: you will lose gas mileage more air goin in means more gas....
more air= more gas=more HP:super: but i wouldn't worry about losein gas mileage you wont even notice it.........

88' Accord Ltd
01-20-2003, 12:39 PM
It will also help the engine bay look nicer too! :)

Neuspeed87lx
01-20-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by 88' Accord Ltd
It will also help the engine bay look nicer too! :)

agreed !

Neuspeed87lx
01-20-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Scotts88WhiteLX-i
:huh: better gasmilage:huh: who told you that:confused: you will lose gas mileage more air goin in means more gas....
more air= more gas=more HP:super: but i wouldn't worry about losein gas mileage you wont even notice it.........

:werd:

1988starter
01-20-2003, 10:50 PM
Yes it should make you smile I made one for my car and a few others and everyone has been happy with them.