PDA

View Full Version : help wanted

Hondarul
01-20-2003, 07:57 AM
changing the suspension
My Accord started to sound like a train because of it's broken suspensions. How can I repair them ? Can I use suspensions from another cars, another Honda Types ? ? ?
Please help, because soon, I'll walk by foot and my Honda will run without wheels...
Thanks.
:sadwave: :sadwave: :sadwave:

jigga225
01-20-2003, 09:00 AM
its like this man, stuff is probrably squeakin because your joints are old and stuff.
The only direct, well not DIRECT but bolt on parts for suspension is A-Arms from a 2nd gen prelude, but then youd have to buy new bal joints for them.
If you dont plan on lowering your car, then you can get accord a-arms that were meant for our cars. theyre like 60 each.

You should replace your fromt upper/lower ball joints and your rear upper ball joints

AZmike
01-20-2003, 03:01 PM
Before buying any parts inspect all the ball joints. If the grease seal is torn that joint will need to be replaced. Check that the springs aren't broken and that there aren't any loose nuts/bolts. A rusted part near a bushing might also make noise. Disassembing and greasing the joint should solve that problem. To test shocks push on that corner of the car several times to get it rocking and see if the shocks can stock the motion quickly (about one bounce before stopping).