PDA

View Full Version : cat back exhaust

86lxisleeper
01-20-2003, 09:04 AM
hey guys and girlz,
just a quick question...what cat back exhaust systems are there for my 86 lxi? and about how much do they run? trying to find all options on cat back, i know that i can get a custom one...but for now i'm lookin for a cat back

thanks,
brian

NeubJ
01-20-2003, 10:24 AM
PACESETTER IS THE ONLY COMPANY THAT MAKES A CAT-BACK SYSTEM FOR THE 3RD GENS(COSTS ABOUT 150 AND UP). Do a search under performance for Pacesetter and it should come up with peoples comments about it.

Experimental_Honda
01-20-2003, 10:29 AM
pacesetter sucks the only good part about it is the pipes it comes with. go pick out a muffler you like for www.nopi.com or some thing and take it to a muffler shop get the pipes bent and you got a catback. most people here will tell you to get a dynomax turbo muffler. but i dont like the way they sounds so i went with a big ass nakayama with 5 inch tip. pace setter rusts really qucik.

Mike's89AccordLX
01-20-2003, 10:32 AM
I'd just go get a custom catback made for the car. And get a nice muffler too.

netfreak
01-20-2003, 11:16 PM
question to pacesetter catback owners:

does the actual piping rust or is it just the stock tip? I'm considering getting the pacesetter (plus extra piping for my dual exhaust) and putting my own mufflers on. It won't be driven in the winter but I don't want the thing rusting away 5 days after install. I probably won't be able to get a shop to do my exhaust so would I be OK with the pacesetter?

Whitehonda
01-21-2003, 09:50 PM
I have the pacesetter exaust (- muffler) and my own stainless Borla muffler on the tail end. The pipes are fine, and in many instances better than a cat~back a shop will make you. The actual muffler and cheap tip a the only problem with the Pacesetter. If your not going to drive it in the winter then you should be more than fine. I live in MI, and we have hella snow and that = nasty and corrosive road salts and mine is fine. The Pacesetter has mandrel bends (not that it makes a ton of difference with our engines) but hey, I like my setup just fine.

Cameron

Whitehonda
01-21-2003, 10:01 PM
Heres some pics of my setup...

http://images.cardomain.com/installs/274000-274999/274508_1_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/installs/274000-274999/274508_3_full.jpg

Cameron

Jims 86LXI HB
01-21-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Whitehonda
Heres some pics of my setup...

Cameron