PDA

View Full Version : Look what I found!

Jareds 89 LX-i
01-20-2003, 03:21 PM
W00t! Another prosperous day at the junkyard. I go in search of a front bumper and/or rear factory spoiler, but by stroke of luck the 2nd 3g I found was....an SE-i :D It was almost totally complete too, and wasn't in bad shape at all. It was black (repaint) with grey leather, and the leather wasn't in bad shape at all. Some cracks of course, but no major rips or tears or anything. Center console was broken though.

Anyways, I snached the rear discs, cupholders, and a proportioning valve. Sweet! Came to $210 for everything, so that's not too bad I don't think. :super:

Jareds 89 LX-i
01-20-2003, 03:21 PM

SiR
01-20-2003, 03:36 PM
Thats just luck! LOL

88' Accord Ltd
01-20-2003, 03:45 PM
Damn man I haven't seen ONE Se-i in the junkyards around here. All they have are 86-87 EX-i's and LXs. Nice find!

shepherd79
01-20-2003, 04:36 PM
you SOB, i hate you.
i want rear disk brakes sooo bad.

johndej
01-20-2003, 04:41 PM
nice find, from what i read on your other post there isn't much left on it. oh, can you take se-i seats, and just put them in excatly in place of your other seats, like not changing models (like put a SE-i coupe seat into a diff. coupe or a SE-i hatchback seat into another hatchback)?

Jareds 89 LX-i
01-20-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by johndej
nice find, from what i read on your other post there isn't much left on it. oh, can you take se-i seats, and just put them in excatly in place of your other seats, like not changing models (like put a SE-i coupe seat into a diff. coupe or a SE-i hatchback seat into another hatchback)?
Yea the seats and door panels are exactly the same except for the fact that they're leather instead of cloth, so they'll swap right in. The coupes had an extra lever on the sides of the front seats to make them go forward, but should still swap in fine to either another couple or sedan. The backseat I'm not sure if it's interchangable between coupe and sedan (or hatch). But if you're going from sedan to sedan, or coupe to coupe then it will swap right in no prob.

dXsquared
01-20-2003, 06:02 PM
there is no SEi hatches

Travis

PS does anyone know if LXI hatches were available in canada? i want FI!

YK86
01-20-2003, 06:37 PM
Only the "S" HB in Canada.

guaynabo89
01-21-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Jareds 89 LX-i

Anyways, I snached the rear discs, cupholders, and a proportioning valve.

I hope you didn't forget about the master cylinder, and ebrake cables!

dosh8er
01-21-2003, 04:02 PM
are those seats still there? no holes? hrm. could you let me know if you can get those.

Jareds 89 LX-i
01-21-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by guaynabo89
I hope you didn't forget about the master cylinder, and ebrake cables!
Yep, got the ebrake cables. The master cylinders are the same between the SE-i and 88-89 LX-i, so that I don't need to change (which is good since I just replaced that a couple months ago, lol)

The seats are still in there. Don't get me wrong, they're not perfect, but for 14 year old leather they are in pretty good shape. The drivers side has a little wear and some cracks on the side bolsters where you get in and out, but no holes or rips. That would probably be alot to ship though! And I don't think I have a box that big, lol