PDA

View Full Version : B20a3 to B20a or anything else

leonard1818
01-20-2003, 05:28 PM
hello everyone, im new here. i have been posting and checkin out prelude sites for a while but im new to this one. anyway i have a question that im sure has been covered but i didnt find what i was looking for in any searches. i have an 892.0s prelude with the b20a3 carbed engine in it. rather than buying a new car which = a lot of money, i want to swap the engine for a b20a or any other fun ones that have more than 104hp. first, any suggestions of engines other than the B20a? also the main question, what exactly is involved in swapping a b20a3 to b20a? i know its carb to fi but any details or experiences people have had with this would be great. thanks.

-adam

PhydeauX
01-20-2003, 05:49 PM
You're thinking about two diferent versoins of the b20a. The b20a3 that you have leans twards the firewall. The b20a that we lust for leans twards the front. The motors arn't interchangable. There's not much you can do other then do the fuel injection conversion and put a b20a5 or a b21a1 from a 3rd gen lude in there. I don't know of any swap mounts, though I can't say that I have looked very hard for any. I think ludespeed (http://www.ludespeed.com/) used to have some parts for the 3rd gen lude. I dunno if they do any more, their website is rather lacking.

andy

carotman
01-20-2003, 06:52 PM
A JDM B20A from an 88-91 Lude would be the best option. The only drawbacks is that you have a carbed car, you could run the DOHC B20A with carbs but you will need a custom manifold to make it work.

The H22A would be an option but wihtout EFI, you would sacrifice alot of drivability.