PDA

View Full Version : brake grindage

86AccordDX Girl
01-20-2003, 09:53 PM
Hello everyone....ok so, obviously I am new here, :D but I have a question. I have had my brakes checked like 3 times and everytime they say that there is nothing wrong with them, but everytime I apply the brakes, I hear this grinding noise. Its kinda pissing me off. lol :mad:
Does anyone know what it might be?

SiR
01-20-2003, 10:15 PM
Does the car pull in either direction when you apply the brakes?

AZmike
01-20-2003, 11:36 PM
If you have 'lifetime' pads they can make grinding noises when they're still cold. They'll wear down your rotor much faster too.

anchovies
01-21-2003, 02:05 PM
If the mechanics really did check your brakes then it should be just dirt and stuff. Buy some brake cleaner spray and spray liberally. Might help. If not, you can put some brake quiet lubricant behind the pads and on the shims.

86AccordDX Girl
01-22-2003, 08:54 PM
My car doesnt pull when I apply the brakes...and they made the grinding noise even when I got them brand new. When I first got my car it was in bad shape and the first thing I had to do to it was get the master cylinder replaced, the part that helps out with the power brakes was broken (sorry I can't remember the name of the part anymore) and of course the brakes themselves, and two rotors. I paid an arm and a leg for the job only to have my brakes grind even as I was driving it away from the shop. I took it back and they said nothing was wrong with them. I took it to ANOTHER shop who said there was nothing wrong with them. I only hear the grinding noise from the back.

About the lifetime pads..what kind SHOULD I get?

Thanks for all your replys guys! Im hoping to learn alot more about my car through this forum. :super:

AccordEpicenter
01-22-2003, 10:34 PM
If you have non-honda brake shoes in the back they can have all kinds of bad noises, also if you have bad wheel cylinders or somthing id get it checked out.

SiR
01-24-2003, 09:53 AM
This might sound a small posablilty, but it might be the brake dust cover rubbing against the rotor. I hate when that happens!

86AccordDX Girl
01-25-2003, 11:04 AM
Thanks you all for all the info. I will definetly get it checked out. :)