PDA

View Full Version : Head Problem

joshuabrack99
01-20-2003, 10:22 PM
:stupid: ok - I have a problem- here's how it started- i blew my fi motor and replaced with a carbed motor- the fi was switched over except for the head and cam- this weekend i was going to change the whole head but instead I only changed the ends and the cam- but even with timing adjustments the car still runs like shit- did I actually need to change the whole head or do I just need to do some time consuming tuning- thanks

AccordEpicenter
01-21-2003, 06:45 PM
whats the engine doing?

joshuabrack99
01-22-2003, 06:48 PM
the engine is acting retarded- at first when I start the motor it revs up and down-then it calms down- but it also sounds to throaty- it sounds meaning than it is- it should be moving faster for what it sounds like- I have lost alot of power

AccordEpicenter
01-22-2003, 10:36 PM
are you sure the head wasnt damaged when you blew up that engine? Alot of times valves get damaged when the engine blows...

kraftaroni
01-22-2003, 10:48 PM
So you have the carb head and fi manifold? How does the manifold match up? I'm working on the fi head I have right now if you have one to trade me! Chris 1/2 done

88turboaccord
01-23-2003, 12:26 AM
Well I am working on it Josh, Hold your horses!!! With the motor surging, there probobly is a vacuum leak. THings just need tunning.

AccordEpicenter
01-23-2003, 08:34 AM
i believe the carb head has lower compression, im not sure if thats whats making a difference.

Sean
01-23-2003, 07:58 PM
ive used EFI motors with carb and carb with EFI motors. ive used carb motors with EFI. never had these issues.

id check the following.

vacum line to the map sensor.
check timming both cam/crank and distributor.

also check the vacum advance feeds.

sounds like maybe even and injector isnt connected properly. did anybody check FP yet ??

this would be my asult list. the carb motor could just ba a dog however. worn out and tired.

joshuabrack99
01-23-2003, 10:17 PM
the motor is very clean and in awsome shape- just needs adjustments- trying to get it to run the way it did before the last one blew up-at least so I can burn out- not even the power to do that right now.

AccordEpicenter
01-28-2003, 10:38 PM
are you sure the timing belt is installed correctly, like not a tooth or so off? That can be huge... also make sure youre getting your distributor advance

joshuabrack99
01-29-2003, 08:38 AM
ok- I'll look into it