PDA

View Full Version : Accord Transmission

micahman420
01-21-2003, 10:10 AM
Hello Everyone,
I am need of a 5 speed manual transmission for my accord SE-i coupe. I was driving home from Buffalo and lost 5th gear in my car. If anyone out there has one that they know is good and wouldn't mind selling it cheap to me (I am a poor college student). Thanks so much and please let me know....

ACCORD EX
01-21-2003, 12:45 PM
junk yard ??

MIKE

AZmike
01-21-2003, 06:21 PM
You can buy new gears for not too much ($50 each) at the dealer if that's the only problem. Be sure to keep the tranny oil filled, that's why your 5th failed.

88LXi/87CRXSi
01-28-2003, 03:36 PM
Same thing damn thing happened to me Saturday afternoon! The weather got a little warmer today, so I checked the level....full to the fill hole!! :wtf: Pulled the end cover, went to remove the counter shaft locknut, and it didn't seem like it was torqued down. I didn't even bother to bend the locktab out! Anyways, the brass teeth had stripped off inside off the countershaft 5th gear, so the new gear, gasket, ect. should arrive by Sat. and hopefully I'll have it back on the road again!!! :smokin:

-Steve

MoBFiGGa
01-30-2003, 04:06 AM
ive been through 5 fuckin trannys in mine same thing happened buy a new tranny if you plan on keepin car 4 a while i whish i would have JUNK YARDs R GaY