PDA

View Full Version : Starter Removal Help ! (Again)

Ryan Fudge Rush
04-01-2016, 02:06 AM
Hey guys, i actually posted here about a month or two ago looking for help with the starter in my 88' DX, and i still need it oddly enough.

Could you tell me literally everything i need to do to get it out ? im looking to rebuild it and clean it up since it clicks and wont turn over, unless i was to get someone to loosen a bolt on the cap and attempt to jiggle it around, then it turns over slowly, but after 10-20 tries im able to get it to actually turn over.

I've tried removing mine, and one (the only one i could find !) from pick-a-part, both with no luck. i see the two big screws on-top of the cap, one by the ground for the solenoid, and i believe one deep under the unit, anything im missing ?

Any help is greatly appreciated, ive owned this car for two months, and had it insured for one (so i can park it on the street by my house), but its still at my buddies house where i got it ! Only issue is I cant keep it there for much longer..

Dr_Snooz
04-01-2016, 08:55 PM
There's one underneath that's hard to find. You'll have to keep digging till you get it.

Ryan Fudge Rush
04-02-2016, 11:25 PM
Thanks ! I found it after looking for a few minutes last night, but its stuck !
Oh well, at least ill get used to being pissed off at this car earlier than expected xD