PDA

View Full Version : A20A dipstick tube/funnel

EF3civic
04-04-2016, 08:52 AM
Hi,

Has anyone tried removing the dipstick funnel on the A20A block? I got mine damaged when i sent it to the machine shop. Cant seem to insert my dipstick in anymore. I have another spare engine laying in my store. Trouble is i can't seem to pull them off. Most of the newer cars comes with rubber o-rings, but i doubt its the same on this engine.

I have already removed the size 12mm bolt on the block and also the clamp that holds it. It's pretty tight and doesn't seem to come off even a tiny bit. I tried using vise grip and it only rotates on the same point. Doesn't seem to come off even a tiny bit.

I thought of using a 8mm socket/hammer and drive it out from the oil sump side. But before i damage anything, just wanted to get some second opinion on this.

Thanks.

Dr_Snooz
04-04-2016, 07:58 PM
I think it's just a slip fit. They bend fairly easily, so you can also try bending your existing tube back.

Fixedit
04-06-2016, 08:20 PM
Just had to get mine out today. It was a twist & pull back and forth kind of deal. Took a while

EF3civic
04-09-2016, 03:09 PM
i managed to pull out the one on the spare engine. It was really tough considering they've never been pulled off before. Also to my surprise, they do have a small tiny o-ring. i tried slowly knocking it off with a 8mm socket from the sump side, then i used a smaller socket 6mm and it popped out.

On the car it rather seemed difficult to do it. Have to remove the baffle plate etc. Seemed too much of work and i didn't want to ruin the new oil pick up o-ring. Tried rocking it back forth and pulling it, it just stays there. At last i just used a round file and filed off the burrs and the dipstick fits in properly now. Cleaned the sump and fitted everything back together.