PDA

View Full Version : My new Setup

uneek
01-21-2003, 05:03 PM
Well I've been looking at this site alot haven't been posting but I came to the conclusion of my setup.

2 12's Alpine Type R's.
2 JBL 1200.1 amps for the subs.

Later on will get 2 PG ti 1200.1.

So what do you all think and if get good feed back on this setup, i will most likely buy the setup around later April or early april. Please give comments please.

dXsquared
01-21-2003, 05:18 PM
if you get 2 1200.1's u will need way more sub than those... 1 1200.1 wired to 1 ohm... will pound!!!!!!

that is not needed

Travis

uneek
01-21-2003, 05:39 PM
Are you talking about the Pg or the JBL?

if you get 2 1200.1's u will need way more sub than those... 1 1200.1 wired to 1 ohm... will pound!!!!!!

AccordEpicenter
01-21-2003, 06:09 PM
great subs and great amps. One thing youll need to do is run a much bigger alternator and battery, and prolly 1-2 caps. Im not sure if the subs could take that much power (either brand), i thought the type rs were 350wrms, and if you planned on putting the full power of those 1200s (theyre capable of well over 1300w each) you might wanna get subs with more power handling. Ive been running 2 kicker CompVrs and theyre 400wrms and i put over 600 wrms to em and they took it and never blew but they got toasty warm and started to smell funny on occasion, but they never were damaged, so you can exceed rms ratings but who knows if they will last...

86hatchbackLXi
02-13-2003, 10:06 PM
if you are getting those huge amps you are going to want a much better sub to go with it, an alpine type r is not going to handle anythign near that power. i have an audiobahn and i love it, but do some research to find something you like. and accordepicenter is right, you are going to need a capacitor with it becuase the 3gee electrical system was not made to power a serious stereo

AccordEpicenter
02-18-2003, 09:59 PM
It really depends what you wanna go for. If youre an SQ guy i like the alpines but i dont think theyll handle that kind of power, so id look into a high performance sub, such as the Adire Audio subs (insane linear excursion, must be seen to be believed) or some of JL's newer subs, but im not sure if theyd handle the power you wanna throw at em either. If youre into SPL then Audiobahn isnt bad, but i think youd be dissapointed with them if youre into sq.