PDA

View Full Version : Dash Removal

Ryan Fudge Rush
04-21-2016, 09:11 PM
So my local pick-a-part recently got an 88 SE-I with the same maroon interior as my 88 LX Sedan and due to that I've finally decided to replace the bottom half of my dash as it got hacked/cut/sawed (i dont even know what to call it) out a year ago when someone tried stealing the car :hmph:

So my question to you guys is, How hard and what is required to remove the bottom half of both dash's ? They cutout my stereo along with the ashtray and cigarette lighter so I'm assuming i have to replace the whole bottom half, correct me please if I'm wrong.

Thanks for reading and any help is appreciated.

conozo
04-23-2016, 03:24 AM
The bottom and top are glued together, your going to have to cut them apart and reglue.

Ryan Fudge Rush
04-26-2016, 08:58 AM
The bottom and top are glued together, your going to have to cut them apart and reglue.

Oh shit, alright thanks for letting me know. out of curiosity if you know, how hard would it be to remove the whole dash ? or to cut and pull it, im still debating on wether not itd be worth replacing due to the cancer around the wheel wells and the (new) headgasket leak alongside the other issues it has (snapped exhaust after flexpipe, its auto and sometimes grinds when shifting, needing new door handles with locks, etc. basically a whole bunch of unwanted pretty easy stuff) , its my first car so im just trying to make it nice :) assuming itd be worth it.

conozo
04-26-2016, 04:57 PM
I've pulled a dash about 5 times, its been a while but its really not that hard.

Find the shop manual on this site and there are instructions on how to take it off and where the screws/bolts are located.

Ryan Fudge Rush
04-29-2016, 06:34 AM
I've pulled a dash about 5 times, its been a while but its really not that hard.

Find the shop manual on this site and there are instructions on how to take it off and where the screws/bolts are located.

Alright, thanks for letting me know. Though I've been energetic about it the last few months I think I've decided to get rid of my 3rd gen. Seems to now have a cracked head (VERY cloudy oil and no longer turns over, assumed to be because of water filling a cylinder) and I'll have nowhere to keep it in a few days so it seems it's fate had been decided for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan Fudge Rush
04-29-2016, 07:14 AM
Though now that I got a job I've been looking at a Manual LX-I for $400 that's missing 4th gear, with sunroof and all. Sounds considerable as it is definitely better than my Auto DX, that now has a cracked head. Though it isn't the worst job the car isn't worth it, I'm better off getting rid of it and buying another when I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk