PDA

View Full Version : high idle (fuel injection)

Stewzzz
04-24-2016, 06:44 PM
Just got my car running again after a year of not being on the road (had to replace fuel tank due to rust) and it's been idling at 1100rpm. I have a spare iacv from an 89 lxi I may put in but I remember I cleaned mine that I have in right now, a year ago, and it didn't really change much that I can think of, rather not buy a brand new one if I don't have to, but thought I'd post here to see if anyone has some advice before I go and waste my money doing trial and error hahaha

Stewzzz
04-24-2016, 07:54 PM
I opened top of iacv and twisted the black plastic ring down and it lowered the rpm down to 1000 rpm, still feel like that is too high

Oldblueaccord
04-24-2016, 08:50 PM
I opened top of iacv and twisted the black plastic ring down and it lowered the rpm down to 1000 rpm, still feel like that is too high

Make sure your coolant is full and all the air is out of the system with the bleeder on the thermostat housing. That will throw off the IACV. You might loosen the hoses going to it and bleed it there as well.

Stewzzz
04-25-2016, 12:20 PM
Ya it seems to still be at 1100 now :/

Dr_Snooz
04-30-2016, 08:34 AM

You sure you didn't adjust the Fast Idle Valve instead? The IACV adjustment is via a brass screw on the side. The module looks like this:

http://www.rockauto.com/info/154/AC182photo%20primary__ra_p.jpg

POS carb
05-01-2016, 06:12 AM
You shouldn't be adjusting the valve or throttle stop. You have a vacuum leak or a throttle that isn't closing all the way. Look for leaks and put the unmolested iac valve back on

Stewzzz
05-02-2016, 03:17 PM
I'm guessing that was the fast idle valve I always thought was the iacv, I trying to locate the iacv but I can't find it hahah

Stewzzz
05-02-2016, 03:18 PM
You shouldn't be adjusting the valve or throttle stop. You have a vacuum leak or a throttle that isn't closing all the way. Look for leaks and put the unmolested iac valve back on
Unmolested iacv? Hahah I never took it off nor did it get molested hahaha