PDA

View Full Version : tail light repair

Tim Yoak
01-22-2003, 01:36 PM
All right if this link works, here is an excellent product for repairing taillight cracks and small holes. this is not SPAM this is something I wanted to pass along because it might be helpful so someone. I've used it mysel so I know it works, this is a good company I've been buying from them for years http://www.eastwoodco.com/aspfiles/itemdy00.asp?UID=2003012216235346&T1=52242&CODIV=0125&

Micah 89LXi
01-24-2003, 01:39 AM
anyone know where to find that windshield or glass crack filler..i need to fill a small chip...i know it exists..that tail light stuff looks neat..fortunately my tails are perfect

slammedLXI
01-24-2003, 07:43 AM
about the taillight repair kit... its 40$ plus shipping... u can just buy a new tailight for that much....

DBMaster
01-24-2003, 08:21 AM
Micah,

You can get a Prestone brand kit at Wal Mart for $10 that has enough materials to repair several windshield dings. I used it on my 3g and our Odyssey and the results were as good as Novus.

The results were best when I used a hologen work light inside the windshield to heat the glass a bit. The resin penetrated a lot better when I did that. The stuff cures in sunlight so you need to be under a cover or in a garage to do the work.

Well worth the price, though.

Tim Yoak
01-24-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Micah 89LXi
anyone know where to find that windshield or glass crack filler..i need to fill a small chip...i know it exists..that tail light stuff looks neat..fortunately my tails are perfect They've got all kinds of stuff like that call'em

Tim Yoak
01-24-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by slammedLXI
about the taillight repair kit... its 40$ plus shipping... u can just buy a new tailight for that much.... yea, but once you get the kit it will do several repairs, I know I can't find hatchbacks anywhere around here so it's hard for me to just find a light