PDA

View Full Version : Changing the coolant

redricer89
01-22-2003, 03:09 PM
I am really confused, about all the different coolanst, in my car. Just wondering about changing the engine coolant and changing the antifreeze, or is that the same. i dont know i am confused. Also my heater, does not heat up, it just blows cold air?????? HElp Help it fricken cold here

maka_RTH
01-22-2003, 03:35 PM
well, antifreeze/engine coolant = same stuff. i do know that your heat proly won't work if you have no coolant in your system...

Lester Lugnut
01-22-2003, 06:06 PM
The lack of coolant has nothing to do with whether or not you have heat unless you've run pure water for years and the heater core is now rotted out. I doubt you'd get away with no coolant in Nebraska in the winter.

If your heater isn't working you could have a faulty heater core. It's up under the dash and works in theory like a radiator more or less.

There's also a chance that your temp. controls are not working properly, thereby not allowing the flow of warm water or coolant into the heater core.

AccordEpicenter
01-22-2003, 10:43 PM
I think there is a thermostat that id try working on before a heater core, its a big nasty job

ACCORD EX
01-23-2003, 11:26 AM
for changing coolant /antifreeze check the how to's ( bleed and flush ! ) :D

MIKE